Collectors of Samurai flix...

Guest ichibanvideo

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1budz4u

Nice website....Too bad they don't have subtitles....I'll just enjoy the movies here on NGN MOVIE STATION...They're playing all the old chambara movies as well as the yakuza ones too.....They're fully subtitled...:smokin

Guest ichibanvideo

I've heard about that channel, sounds cool. I think they only air stuff that has been released on video. Many of my titles on the other hand has never been released on video. :)

Guest 1budz4u

The movies they are playing are not all released on video. These movies are directly from TOEI in Japan and in their original format. They are not remastered. Some of the movies have no subtitles so NGN has to have their translators do the translations. You're probably wondering how I know this information. Hehehe, I know someone at NGN. Some of the movies they have been airing were made in 1957,1958, 1960's & 1970's. It's a shame that the theater company that showed the TOEI movies in Hawaii were told to destroy the films because Japan did not want them back. I requested a old ninja movie that I know for a fact is not released on video. Hoping TOEI in Japan will be able to deliver to NGN. GO ME!:smokin

Guest limubai2000

Are you in Hawaii? I heard that is the only place that gets that station?

I'm in Guam, we only get NHK and I have to pay for that... but at least a good chunk of it is available in English (cuz of my Toshiba TV from Japan).

I'm considering relocating there next year to Oahu.

Oh yeah... go you!!

Guest Lunamask

Hi

I have Watari on DVD-R

Let me know if you would like to trade DVD-R for this one.

The only downfall, No english subtitles.

Thanks

Lunamask

Guest 1budz4u

Is the video quality good? I don't mind having no english subtitles. I found out TOEI does not sell their items outside of Japan which sucks. I'm hoping when my friend goes to Japan sometime this year I could get "WATARI" & "CHUSHINGURA" on dvd. She told me TOEI has a catalog of movies on dvd. I saw one on the TOEI online shopping site and it cost about US $43.00 for the "CHUSHINGURA". No I don't read japanese. I should've paid more attention in Japanese class ehhh! Then I would've been able to read TOEI's website. :lol

Crosses my fingers NGN will be able to get TOEI to broadcast "WATARI". :)

Guest Lunamask

Hey Chiba

Sure I would like to trade with you! I am currently looking for the last couple of episodes of Sorekara No Musashi after episode 6.

Here is my list, and to balance out the extra disk from Sorekara No Musashi series, I hope you can find something in my list to balance out the future trade.

My DVD copies are done on a Panasonic DMR_E50 so no menu and I do everything the long hard way.

Hope everything works out!

Lunamask

A Man Called Hero- Ekin Cheng- Hong Kong, English sub Good

Andromedia- Drama Sci Fi eng sub Japanese import

All Night Long- Japanese

Attack The Gas Station- Korean

A Tale of Two Sisters- Horror Korean import

Azumi- Double disk Awesome movie, English sub Japanese import

Battle Royal- Beat Takeshi, English sub Good

Beijing Rocks- Daniel Wu and Shu Qi Drama about rock musicians, English sub

Bird People in China- Takashi Miike Drama, English subbed

Born Wild- Danial Wu - Hong Kong Bare knuckle fighting drama, Eng. sub

Bullets of Love – Asaka Seto

Champion of Death- Chiba as Mas Oyama

Daimajin

Dead or Alive Final – Sci Fi Japanese, Chinese, English Sub

Double Vision- Horror Hong Kong off of VCD disk,eng

Drive- Directed by Steve Wang

East Meets West- Sanada Hiroyuki Samurai Cowboy Good

Everyday is Valentine- Cecilia Cheung and Leon Lai- Romance,eng sub – Hong Kong

Failan- Drama Starring Cecilia Cheung- Hong Kong Korea joint film, Eng. sub Good

Fight Back to School 1, 2,3, Stephan Chow Comedy Hong Kong,eng sub

Fly Me To Polaris- Cecilia Cheung- Romance- Hong Kong,eng sub

Hero- Jet Li- Hong Kong Epic period piece film good,eng sub

Heroic Duo- Leon Lai and Ekin Cheng- Hong Kong Cop style action big budget,eng sub

Honesty- Cecilia Cheung- Romance Hong Kong,english sub

Infernal Affairs- Action Hong Kong Eng sub

Jubei’s Revenge- Yagyu Jubei,eng sub

Kamen Rider J movie-No English sub

Kamen Rider ZO movie- No English sub

Karate Bear Fighter- Mas Oyama story part 2 No english subtitles

Karate for Life- Mas Oyama story part 3 No english subtitles

Karate Warrior- Chiba dubbed in Eng.

Killing Machine- Chiba-Dubbed in English

King Of Comedy- Stephan Chow – Hong Kong,english sub

Lavender- Kelly Chen and Takeshi Kaneshiro- Japan and Hong Kong Good , Eng. sub

Legend of Speed – Ekin Cheng and Cecilia Cheung Hong Kong,street racing, Eng. sub

Legend of the 8 Samurai- Chiba-dubbed in English

Mechanical Violator Hakaida- Sci Fi – Japan- Dubbed or Eng. sub

Mighty Baby- Drama Comedy starring Cecilia Cheung- Hong Kong-English sub

Musa

My Dream Girl- Ekin Cheng and Zhao Wei- Romance – Hong Kong-English sub

My Schoolmate the Barbarian- Hong Kng Nicholas Tse Good

Naked Weapon- Great action starring Maggie Q - Hong Kong, In English Best film!-

Para Para Sakura- Cecilia Cheung – Romance- Hong Kong, English sub Good

Purple Storm- Daniel Wu suspense-English sub

Reborn from Hell- Yagyu Jubei

Red Shadow- Ninja- Starring Masanobu Ando- Japan, English sub Good

Returner- action scifi Takeshi Kaneshiro and Anne Suzuki, Eng sub Good

Running on Karma- Andy Lau and Cecilia Cheung Thriller, Eng subs

Sakuya Slayer of Demons- Japanese fantasy

Samurai Fiction- Black and White, Eng Sub Good!

Samurai Reincarnation- Chiba Shininchi recorded in EP format as movie is 122 minutes

Second Time Around- Ekin Cheng and Cecilia Cheung, Eng Sub- Hong Kong

Shaolin Soccer- Stephan Chow- Eng sub Hong Kong Good

Shogun’s Ninja- Sanada Hiroyuki- Japan Classic, Dubbed in eng

Sister Street Fighter- Dubbed Eng.

Sixty Million Dollar Man- Comedy- Eng. sub Stephan Chow

So Close- Shu Qi and Zhao Wei Off of VCD Eng. sub Great Action show!

Sore Kara No Musashi – Kitaoji Kinya episodes 1 to 6 Japan, Eng. sub

Spy Dad- Hong Kong Comedy 007 type film, Eng. sub

Street Fighter 1, 2, and 3- Chiba- Japan, Eng. dubbed

Sugata Sanshiro part 2 – Japan- Eng. Sub

Sumo Do Sumo Don’t- Japan

Sure Death- Hissatsu – Director Kinji Fukusatsu,eng sub

The Bodygaurd- Chiba- Japan-Eng. dubbed

The Champion of Death/ Karate Bull fighter – Mas Oyama story part 1-Eng dubbed

The Executioner- Chiba Eng. dubbed

The Eye- Horror-Eng. sub

The Legend of Zu – Ekin Cheng- Hong Kong Good Eng. sub

The Story of Ricky O

The Touch- Action- Michelle Yeoh – Hong Kong, Eng. sub Good

Twilight Samurai- Sanada Hiroyuki and Miyazawa Rie drama, Eng. subbed

Twins Effect- Hong Kong vampire action Good

Volcano High School – Korea nice sfx, Eng. sub Good

Watari- Japan Ninja movie made 1965 No subtitles Good

Yagyu Conspiracy – A sonny Chiba Classic from the 80’s

Guest 1budz4u

It's the one with CHIEZO KATAOKA in the lead role as OISHI. I saw that link you provided the other night. That's how I got my friend to translate for me how much the dvd would cost in USA $$$. I've seen the SHOCHIKU one years ago and I didn't care for it. In my opinion TOEI's one is superb.

To Lunamask: I'd be interested in trading with you for a DVD-R copy of "Watari". If you're still looking for that Chen Kuan Tai & Fu Sheng movie 'HEROES 2" I have it and can trade that with you. Let me know. Thanks!

Email me at 1-scuzzy@excite.com

Guest Lunamask

Hi Chiba

My computer at home is down, So I am using my wife's computer at work and checking this forum and my e-mail. Sorry if my replies are a bit slow due to this problem

1budz4u didn't wan't to do the trade for the Watari so I already have a copy made. Let me know if you want this one and it can be mailed right away

Thanks

Lunamask

Guest 1budz4u

Lunamask wrote:1budz4u didn't wan't to do the trade for the Watari so I already have a copy made. Let me know if you want this one and it can be mailed right away

I just want to set the record straight in this forum so no one will think I was being deceitful in any way shape or form. I decided not to trade after all because my friend will be going to Japan this year and I decided to get a original dvd of the movie,"WATARI" instead of a copy. Luna that was my reply to your email that is shown down below. As for you already making a copy of the movie. I didn't give you the go ahead to make it. Don't make other people on this forum site think I backed out after you made the copy. Because that is not how it happened. Apparently you made the copy before I even replied to your email.>: >: >:

Please let me know if this is alright wth you

It would have been wise for you to wait until I did agree with the trade before you made the copy. Glad you found someone to give the movie to.

[ ADMIN NOTE: Please do not post anyone's e-mail addresses or personal e-mails on this forum without their consent.]

Sorry for this post being so lengthly. Just wanted to set this trade thing straight.

Guest chiba2000

eh what, a original DVD of "Watari"..where do you find that one? None of my Japan contacts has seen it. Are you sure it has been released on DVD yet? The one circulating on DVD-R is a TV recording from TOEI Channel.

/Chiba2000 8)

Guest Lunamask

1budz4U

Whoa! Didn't mean to incite that kind of message or ill feelings here or inccure that you backed out of a trade...

I do not appreciate you posting the e-mail with my real name and e-mail on it. I was honest enough to send you my real e-mail and not some alias .

PLEASE DELETE OR EDIT MY HOME E-MAIL and real NAME OFF OF THAT POST.

My apologies if you took things the wrong way

Sincerely,

Lunamask

Guest 1budz4u

chiba2000 wrote:

eh what, a original DVD of "Watari"..where do you find that one? None of my Japan contacts has seen it. Are you sure it has been released on DVD yet? The one circulating on DVD-R is a TV recording from TOEI Channel

LOL! I never did say one existed. I should have said if one did exist then I would rather get a original dvd instead of a copy.

To Lunamask: I apologize for showing your email address. I was going to delete it but I guess you had the administration of this forum site do it before I could. Or they did it on their own.

It's hilarious to read the 'WHAT TO TRADE OR SELL HERE" thread.

Duplicated copies of films owned or currently sold by these distributors that is offered for sale or trade is prohibited on this message board regardless of what country the seller or buyer is operating in

It basically is a statement from this forum site to protect themselves from any liability regarding copy right infringement. Very clever eh. Yet people here openly trade dvd-r's on this site. Wonders if the FBI ever checks websites like these to bust people who make copies and then trades or sells them to others. :rollin :rollin :lol :lol

Archived