ENTER THE FAT DRAGON (1978) -- any hope?

emacs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm jealous too.

Everytime I read a post like this it makes me wish I could put on more kung fu cinema screenings here in the UK.

isnt the only copy of this that version with the burned on subs? my brother has this i need to watch it again it's hilarious

Maybe, saw it on screen a few years back w/ burned subs, think my DVD has the burned subs too.

Beware of bootlegs, friend. I believe they are the only way to see this film at the moment. Which is a shame. I think there are vhs' out there though.

Me and a friend showed this in Nottingham, England a few years ago on 35mm , a print loaned from Toby Russell. It was in Mandarin and had some different footage from the usual Crash dvd print.

Someone needs to remaster this for a good dvd release, i heard Warners have the rights but are sitting on them...:l

Grab the Crash Cimema one. It's oop but should still be fairly easy to find.

I need to look for it. All I've seen on ebay and such is the panmedia version.

David, I agree with you. Every Sammo (and Kung Fu) fan deserves to see it in it's full glory.

oh man I wish I had known about that screening in England! I am super jealous as well, absolutely love this movie. The best Bruce Lee imitations ever

at a place near me called Foriegn Flix they have this in a double feature with another Sammo movie (tho i cant member which one) and all there movies are the legit, not bootlegs...is that rare or somthing?

at a place near me called Foriegn Flix they have this in a double feature with another Sammo movie (tho i cant member which one) and all there movies are the legit, not bootlegs...is that rare or somthing?

I hope that isn't Foregin Flix in Maryland, because if it is, they're boots.

A few people are selling it (the Crash Cinema version) in the Amazon.com Individual Sellers area. Looks like they start at $10. Amazon part # 6305511675.

I hope that isn't Foregin Flix in Maryland, because if it is, they're boots.

lol im in richmond va but i think it might be the same ppl....but the copies are official i thought? lol

kungfusamurai

I was kicking myself for having read this the morning after it was shown!

Did they use a film print, or was it played from DVD? They used a DVD when playing Heroes of The East in the summer, and that didn't look so great.

KFS

Did they use a film print, or was it played from DVD?

Colin Geddes http://tiff08.ca/filmsandschedules/programmers/colingeddes/default.aspx owns a 35mm print of the film which was shown that evening. the screening was part of a liberal arts course offered by the University of Toronto.

p.s.

Geddes graced us with the North American premieres of Ong Bak, SPL, Flashpoint and Chocolate during the Toronto International Film Festival over the years. chances are (and i certainly hope) he'll secure rights to screen Ip Man and Ong Bak 2 at next year's Festival in early September.

Can anyone tell me version are avaliable heard crash cinema version is cut,wonder what had been cut i have bootleg dubbed version wondered if it was the full cut?

I found this English-dubbed version of Enter the Fat Dragon on YouTube that features additional scenes. The white car scene at 41:40 is noticeably much longer than the Crash Cinema version. I haven't seen the entire video, so maybe there are other additional scenes in there.

The 35mm print that I saw of the Hong Kong version a few years ago featured the exact same cuts as the Crash Cinema version so maybe the Hong Kong version is just shorter than the English version. Just a guess, so take this as a grain of salt.

Archived