Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) Quentin Tarantino's 9th Film

mpm74

According to THR, Tarantino is putting the finishing touches on the script and that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Lawrence have been approached. The plan is to shoot in 2018, possibly in the summer.

Before you dismiss this project as distasteful, imagine the possibilities if Tarantino re-wrote history in a positive light – à la Inglourious Basterds – where Tate survives after being left for dead; then once she recovers, she teams up with Bruce Lee (there’s an explanation for this) and The Beach Boys (there’s an explanation for this as well) to find and kill Charles Manson and his followers to the tune of 1960’s pop songs? Take our money.

http://cityonfire.com/quentin-tarantino-sharon-tate-manson-charles-bruce-lee-movie-next-movie/

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

I hope Jennifer Lawrence isn't being considered to be cast as Ms. Tate. Sharon Tate was unbelievably gorgeous.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

I'm not holding my breath. The concept is interesting, but I find Tarantino to be painfully overrated and he can't write a cohesive plotline and conceive engaging characters if his life depended on it. It also doesn't help that, if the past few years are of any indication, he just keeps getting loonier. 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I think this is right in QT's wheelhouse and could be something really special. Especially if he changes history and makes the film some kind of revenge flick rather than just telling the true story.
In my eyes, he's only gone wrong a few times in his career (I don't care for "Jackie Brown" and "Death Proof" is questionable). I have faith that he can put out a great film with this kind of source material.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

This could possibly be the greatest QT movie ever.. I mean just look at the subject matter. In a QT universe??? Now you know he bout to go balls out on this one.. Can't freaking wait for this one!!! Consider me hyped!!!

• Like 2

DragonClaws

While I've watched a few movies based on Charles Manson and his followers, this doesnt really interest me. Thats not to say it wont be a good movie, and I'm sure there's a lot of people out their keen for more Manson inspired stuff. There's certianly been no shortage of films based on the man and his life.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2017 at 9:48 AM, Drunken Monk said:

I think this is right in QT's wheelhouse and could be something really special. Especially if he changes history and makes the film some kind of revenge flick rather than just telling the true story.
In my eyes, he's only gone wrong a few times in his career (I don't care for "Jackie Brown" and "Death Proof" is questionable). I have faith that he can put out a great film with this kind of source material.

When is the last time you watched Jackie Brown? I used to HATE this film, but now, it's one of my favorite movies of all time. Give it another chance one of these days.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, mpm74 said:

When is the last time you watched Jackie Brown? I used to HATE this film, but now, it's one of my favorite movies of all time. Give it another chance one of these days.

I actually just bought it in a Quentin Tarantino Blu-Ray collection. I may have to take your advice and give it a watch.

Just now, Drunken Monk said:

I actually just bought it in a Quentin Tarantino Blu-Ray collection. I may have to take your advice and give it a watch.

Let me know. :) The only QT film I didn't really care for was Django (I don't even consider Death Proof a real movie at this point). 

Phantom Dreamer

I read this movie will be released in 2019, no word on if Bruce Lee would be a small role however.

A letter from Steve McQueen regarding the Manson "family".

1490098053-screen-shot-2017-03-21-at-120603-pm.jpg

• Like 3

Phantom Dreamer

Tarantino has defended child rapist Polanski, so he's cancelled, yeah?

A resurfaced audio clip from 2003 shows Tarantino defending director Roman Polanski, who was charged with drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl in 1977. In the clip, Tarantino tells radio personality Howard Stern that statutory rape is "not quite the same thing" as rape and suggests that the 13-year-old girl "wanted" to have sex with Polanski.

Edited by Phantom Dreamer

9 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

In the clip, Tarantino tells radio personality Howard Stern that statutory rape is "not quite the same thing" as rape and suggests that the 13-year-old girl "wanted" to have sex with Polanski.

I wonder if Taratino would feel the same, after a long stretch in some rough prison. Or if he had a partner or family member that suffered the kind of treatment.

Edited by DragonClaws

Phantom Dreamer

Uma Thurman may have forgiven him for the Kill Bill driving stunt incident, but Tarantino defending pedophiles like Polanski is never a good look. Heck, Bruce Lee mentioned, implied, young girls and Polanski when Polanski flew Lee to Switzerland. You have to draw a line on abhorrent behaviour.

• Like 1

I think the burning torches and pitchforks are a bit too much in this case. Tarantino was WRONG but only in his ignorance. He wasn’t saying rape is right. He was ignorantly stating that he only sees rape as forced sex. There’s a difference between him being dumb and condoning rape.

Granted, he went on to say the thirteen year old girl wanted it. That’s pretty bonkers. That’s a very extreme statement and it’s all manner of wrong. But QT hasn’t committed any kind of crime (that we know of).

Let me make it clear, I’m not backing Tarantino. I’m just saying there’s a difference between saying stupid shit and forcing yourself upon a woman. He was wrong. He was an idiot. He was controverisial. But he’s not on the same level as your Weinsteins and your Spaceys.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I’m just saying there’s a difference between saying stupid shit and forcing yourself upon a woman.

Good point, but I think what he said was a bit more than just stupid shit, in regards to the underage girl wanting it. I dont think anyone here wanted his head in a guillotine just yet, but it's scary to think some people view sexual assault/violence in that way.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Either way, he's probably done for a while. Sad, I wanted to see Kill Bill 3. That may be the movie he has to make before he makes a Manson movie.,

DragonClaws

Who is the latest actor, to bring the Little Dragon to life on-screen?. Quentin Tarantino must have cleared this with the BL Estate first right?, so he didnt end up like Robert Chua.

Click on the link below for more detials on the lastest cast addition.

Taratino finds his Bruce Lee

Link- http://cityonfire.com/quentin-tarantino-sharon-tate-manson-charles-bruce-lee-movie-next-movie/

Edited by DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Bruce Lee with 1960's Hollywood hair stylist Jay Sabring, and Jhonn Rhee.

jhoon-van-williams-and-bruce.jpg

YouTube Synopsis - Home movie of actress Sharon Tate attending a party with celebrity hairstylist Jay Sebring at his residence on Easton Drive. Jay was Sharon's former lover, and close friend. Sharon met director Roman Polanski in London while on the set of "The Fearless Vampire Killers", the two were married in January of 1968. They moved into their french-country home on Cielo Drive in February of 1969. In less than six months later on August 9, 1969, Sharon(who was eight and a half months pregnant), along with Jay Sebring, and three others(Abigail Folger, Voyteck Frykowski, and Steven Parent) would all parish at the hands of the Manson Family. Music: "Beyond And Before" by Yes.

• Like 1