Tower of Death cast

bruceleeclones

bruceleeclones

I'm just doing a cast list for TOWER OF DEATH for my site.  I was wondering if anyone has been able to identify these actors from the movie?

tower_cast10.jpg

tower_cast11.jpg

tower_cast19.jpg

tower_cast25.jpg

tower_cast38.jpg

tower_cast39.jpg

tower_cast40.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws
56 minutes ago, bruceleeclones said:

I'm just doing a cast list for TOWER OF DEATH for my site.  I was wondering if anyone has been able to identify these actors from the movie?

The HKMDB appears to be down at the moment, but I recall the woman being credited as Miranda Austin, on the DVD/VHS prints I own. The first heavy, from the funeral scene, could be Lee Chun-Wa?.

• Like 1

bruceleeclones
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

The HKMDB appears to be down at the moment, but I recall the woman being credited as Miranda Austin, on the DVD/VHS prints I own. The first heavy, from the funeral scene, could be Lee Chun-Wa?.

This is who I have listed as Miranda Austin.  Still haven't been able to find a name for the actress who plays Hwang Jang Lee's daughter in the movie.  

tower_cast22.jpg

• Like 3

DragonClaws
14 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

No, he's the big Bolo looking guy.

There's three Bolo typ clones, standing infront of Chin Ku's coffin, which one do you mean?. Two of them are pictured in the original post.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, bruceleeclones said:

This is who I have listed as Miranda Austin.  Still haven't been able to find a name for the actress who plays Hwang Jang Lee's daughter in the movie.  

According to the films end credits, Miranda Austin is credited as Angel, and they show a clip of Ku's daughter when the credit appears. These credits appeared at the end of my VHS version, bt I dont think they even mention who the drunk blond seductress was?.

Here's the end credits, I'm talking about, I just check them again.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

There's three Boloyp clones, standing infront of Chin Ku's coffin, which one do you mean?. Two of them are pictured in the original post.

Lee Chun Wah is this guy, always playing the big buff dude when Bolo is not available.

leechunwah.jpg

• Like 4

DragonClaws
16 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Lee Chun Wah is this guy, always playing the big buff dude when Bolo is not available.

Yeah you are right, remember him from Drunken Master/

Ma Hon-Yuen is the name of the first temple guardian pictured, from the HKMDB. Which is working fine today.

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Tried to help HKMDB out with actor/actress info before, but trying to get through to them is like banging your head against a wall. Also recently noticed that all the trivia and info I had added on IMDB has now vanished for whatever reason. Fine, you don't want help... go fuck yourselves.

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 3

Killer Meteor

I've always taken Miranda Austin to be the Jessica Lange clone.

The guy in blue denim gets a more prominent role in the Korean version, so maybe the film's entry on the KOFA might tell us more. I can't tell if the actress playing Hwang's daughter is Japanese or Korean.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
2 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

I've always taken Miranda Austin to be the Jessica Lange clone.

I wonder where people got this impression?, unless the old English credit sequence I posted, got it wrong. They dont even credit the blond woman at all.

Killer Meteor

I have a vague recollection of the Fortune Star print crediting Miranda Austin as "Angel" but don't quote me on that!

• Like 2

bruceleeclones

My Tower of Death page is now online.  Managed to find some of the names.  I'm still not sure about Miranda Austin thing.  I've left her listed as the blonde lady, until I do a bit more digging.  Would be interested to hear peoples opinions about the new database page layout :)

http://www.clonesofbrucelee.co.uk/tower-of-death/

• Like 3

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, bruceleeclones said:

Would be interested to hear peoples opinions about the new database page layout :)

Great new look @bruceleeclones.

What sources have you seen/read, that credit the blond seductress as Miranda Austin?.

Beng brought up with the U.K VHS print, I always thought she was the singer.

• Like 1

bruceleeclones

Yeah, the credits on the old dubbed version (as the clip from youtube you posted), it says Miranda Austin as Angel.  Angel is the name of the blonde lady in the film, not Hwang jang Lee's daughter. She is called May in the movie.  I can only assume that whoever edited that credit sequence together used the wrong footage/name for that person. 

Edited by bruceleeclones
  • Like 2

J.J. Hayden

I believe the name of the 1st Korean challenger who comes with Baek Hwang-ki (I believe they're the Ching brothers in the English dub) is Ha Yeong-jin, but this is a rather unusual name and it is the only credit I've found for him. It's most likely a stage name for the Hong Kong market, some other Koreans did this too, which can make it hard to track stuff down and confuses the people over at HKMDB.

I may have seen him somewhere before but, nothing comes to mind. Keep an eye out when you're watching Korean movies, you may see him as a stuntman under another name.

254018537_HaYeong-jinTowerofDeath(1980)-1.jpg.31f3ac39dea73fed21642a269637f02c.jpg

Cheers

• Like 3