Shocking Kung Fu of Huo's (2018) old style kung fu movie

whitesnake

whitesnake

The trailer for Shocking Kung Fu of Huo's just showed up on the Youtube HKCinema Channel and looks like a throwback to the 1970s-style kung fu movie, and several cuts above the quality of the usual new HK and Chinese trailers on HKCinema.  The time period is the Warlord Era of early 20th century.  The sets look good, including one from Bodyguards and Assassins.  There's the kung fu master with high principles who fights for "the integrity of the Chinese nation".  And the evil foreigner who exploits Chinese martial arts.  There are the exotic styles/costumes of sets of combatants in the ring.  The Black Demon is "the most horrible boxing champion in the black fist market".  The death of the noble sifu must be avenged by his students and his beautiful daughter.  The Chinese music is pretty.  I haven't seen any other info about this movie yet. 

Here's the trailer -    

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

I was a but put off at first, what with the quick glimpses of action. But towards the end we get a better look at what's on display and hey, this looks pretty good! I guarantee it'll never get any kind of DVD release but it looks like one I'd watch for sure. Nice find @whitesnake

Not sure it’s a throw back to the 70s style but it does look entertaining,will check it out when it becomes available.👍

DragonClaws

Is this a mainland production @whitesnake?, if so, it look better than these flicks with cameos from older Hollywood stars. That appear to be coming out each month, or maybe that's exagerating things a little?.

Drunken Monk

Just read this...

The film will be broadcast exclusively on iQiyi on June 9th.

That's why I don't see it getting a release. It feels like one of those Wong Fei Hung-ish films Chinese HBO put out.

HyperDrive

There's a chance we'll still get to see it even though it won't be released anywhere. It was the same situation with the Chen Tien-Xing film Nunchucks.

One Armed Boxer
11 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

1.png

So it's an Ip Man movie then?:tongueout

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

So it's an Ip Man movie then?:tongueout

Well spotted dude, Ip Man exploitation cinema, is a rapidly growing niche in the 21st century.

Drunken Monk
57 minutes ago, sym8 said:

Saw this on rrden3 YouTube channel,this is looking pretty good👍👍

Man, that was great! I hope this gets a legitimate release so I can pick it up.

I’m here to play Devil’s Advocate. To me, this really is some tired old sh*t! Cliche cliche cliche! They’re not even trying. Didn’t see one original or unique thing about the story or fight scenes. 

Archived