Amy Johnston to play D.C character Black Canary?

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

What are fan's thoughts on this one?.

If this movie goes ahead, it could be a big game changer for the rising young star.

I found out about this new via Miss Johnston's official FaceBook page, Link- https://en-gb.facebook.com/Amy-Johnston-185501081515613/

More information at at ComicBookMovie.Com

Amy Johnston interested in playing Black Canary for the upcoming Birds of Prey film

Link- https://www.comicbookmovie.com/dc_films/amy-johnston-interested-in-playing-black-canary-for-the-upcoming-birds-of-prey-film-a161025

Artwork by DeviantArt.

amy_johnston_as_black_canray_by_blackbat

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

I would be so down for that. She's got the look but needs to bone up on her acting chops, and this would be a good opportunity to do that. The key factors will be a relatively accurate costume and a choreographer worth his salt to utilize her skill set.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
24 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

and a choreographer worth his salt to utilize her skill set.

Hope they get this right, for the up-coming Primer, where she stars alongside Michael Jai White, its currently in Post productions.

Do you now this D.C character?, it's one I'd never heard of until now.

ShaOW!linDude
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Typically she's the love interest of Green Arrow. For years she was a 2nd tier character, but in the 90's she's linked up with a couple of other heroines in the Birds of Prey, a vigilante trio. She can emit a sonic blast from her throat, but predominantly she is an extremely skilled martial artist first and foremost. That's why I think with a good acting coach and the proper choreographer, Johnston would fit her perfectly.

• Like 2

kingofkungfu2002
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Hope they get this right, for the up-coming Primer, where she stars alongside Michael Jai White, its currently in Post productions.

You need to check out the 'Arrow' tv series then, where she's had several incarnations. ☺️

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

I can’t see her getting the role. With DC facing major issues with their film projects, I suspect they’ll go for big names when it comes to Birds of Prey, sadly.

I’d love for them to get some martial artists in instead of million dollar Hollywood types but I just don’t see it happening.

• Like 2

As much as I like Amy Johnston I'm a bit too attached to what's on CW. Given to how dark DCEU is, I think I'd rather see her as Cassandra Cain. It's like Caitlin/ Killer Frost from Flash... you don't want to see her be evil again on a different Earth.

To be the usual off topic me- do you DC fans think that they should connect Arrowverse and DCEU with the whole multiverse thing? I think that would be spectacular if they merged earths. Everything will be on the track of normalcy if so

One Armed Boxer
11 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I can’t see her getting the role. With DC facing major issues with their film projects, I suspect they’ll go for big names when it comes to Birds of Prey, sadly.

I’d love for them to get some martial artists in instead of million dollar Hollywood types but I just don’t see it happening.

Have to agree, and considering the source of the information is just a fan on Twitter asking if she'd be interested in playing the role, and her saying she would, I doubt it would happen.

Hollywood needs big names, and there's no way a producer is going to look back on 'Lady Bloodfight' and 'Female Fight Club' and say, yes, this is who we need in our latest blockbuster.

Sad but true, Johnston still lacks a starring vehicle, even a DTV one, where she really gets to show off her stuff as the lead.

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane

As much as we might dig the likes of Scott Adkins, Amy Johnston and other DTV luminaries, they are barely, if at all, on Hollywood's radar, and certainly not for leads in a billion dollar franchise. Big studios don't take chances anymore, you need to be a name... matters fuck all what you can do. They also don't wanna cultivate new talent if they can just hire an already bankable star.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

As much as we might dig the likes of Scott Adkins, Amy Johnston and other DTV luminaries, they are barely, if at all, on Hollywood's radar, and certainly not for leads in a billion dollar franchise.

Hopefully Ip Man 4, might get Scott Adkins some different projects with bigger budgets. Who would have thought Donnie Yen would have gone on, to have the sucess he has in Hollywood in his later years. After a failed first attempt in the latter half of the 90's.

7 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Sad but true, Johnston still lacks a starring vehicle, even a DTV one, where she really gets to show off her stuff as the lead.

Hoping she has a more substantial role in the up-coming Primer.

19 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Would they go the T.V series route?, where they are more likley to take a risk on a new up-coming talent. If the character appears in the Arrow series, like @kingofkungfu2002 said, they could the character her own show.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
7 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Would they go the T.V series route?, where they are more likley to take a risk on a new up-coming talent. If the character appears in the Arrow series, like @kingofkungfu2002 said, they could the character her own show.

I think Johnston is a prime candidate for a tv show. She has shown her talent on countless occasions and while she's not the best actress in the world, with a little work she she'd be perfect for television.
Scott Adkins, a man with Hollywood written all over him, has yet to make it super big so I think some of these upcoming martial artists should look towards tv. Give Vlad Rimburg his own show, cast Amy Johnston, Brendon Huor, Eric Jacobus etc. and we'll have a gem on our hands.

It was great to see Andy Nguyen and Brian Le from Martial Club get stunt roles on "Into the Badlands." I haven't watched the new season yet but it looks like they did some great stuff.

• Like 4

ShaOW!linDude
2 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Give Vlad Rimburg his own show, cast Amy Johnston, Brendon Huor, Eric Jacobus etc. and we'll have a gem on our hands.

GENIUS!!!

Drunken Monk

Looking at Johnston's IMDB, she has a really good career in video games it seems. And she did pre-viz stunts for "Deadpool 2." She's doing pretty well for herself.

Also, side note: Didn't know this. Vlad Rimburg did pre-viz action for "Wolf Warrior 2."

• Like 1

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Looking at Johnston's IMDB, she has a really good career in video games it seems. And she did pre-viz stunts for "Deadpool 2." She's doing pretty well for herself.

According to IMDB, she also did some uncredited utility stunts on Iron Man 3, do you know what a utility stunt is?. I've never come across that term before.

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Scott Adkins, a man with Hollywood written all over him, has yet to make it super big so I think some of these upcoming martial artists should look towards tv. Give Vlad Rimburg his own show, cast Amy Johnston, Brendon Huor, Eric Jacobus etc. and we'll have a gem on our hands.

There's also a big demand at the moment, for T.V shows on multiple formats.

• Like 1