new swordplay films in pipeline

Guest carlosbur

Guest carlosbur

Hi there

Just wondered if anyone knew of any new swordplay movies to look forward to,in the coming year or so?..........

Apart from Azumi 2.... there does'nt seem to be an awful lot in the pipeline!

I watched Sin city at the movies last night...that had a really cool samurai sword wielding prostitute in it....( check it out.... all the woman are well fit)

I also came across a DVD out shortly..25.7.05..see play.com... entitled Skyhigh ..starring Yumiko Shaku..of princess blade fame which promises much samurai sword action

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

I guess it all depends on what the movie trend is in Japan. Are they still mainly watching Yakuza flicks or are swordplay flicks making a comeback?

KFS

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Have not read or heard much about anything in Swordplay genre coming soon. Although Korea has really been producing some nice big-budget Swordplay films the last couple years. Including a new production titled "Shadowless Sword" which also looks very promising (trailer is available online). The Korean film industry is really picking up some world-wide recognition with films like Old Boy, Musa, Bichunmoo, JSA, Fighter In The Wind, Samaritan Girl and so on....

Guest Battousai

Theres a remake of Sengoku Jitai coming from kadokawa pictures i think (sengoku jitai(?) is also known as "GI Samurai "and "Timeslip" starring chiba)

other than that im not shure. Theres the sequel to Zatoichi coming but im not shure if thats this year or not. Theres usually Jidai Geki all the time but as far as mainstream pictures are concerned i dont think theres very much in the pipeline.

(personally im looking forward to gamera 4)

Archived