King Spawn (TBA)

AlbertV

todd-mcfarlane-jamie-foxx.jpeg?crop=0px%

It looks like Todd MacFarlane's reboot of his very own character of Spawn is going to happen. Deadline just announced that Jamie Foxx will take on the role of Al Simmons, who will become the titular character with Jason Blum's Blumhouse set to produce it.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/spawn-jamie-foxx-todd-mcfarlane-jason-blum-blumhouse-movie-1202399090/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
4 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

It looks like Todd MacFarlane's reboot of his very own character of Spawn is going to happen. Deadline just announced that Jamie Foxx will take on the role of Al Simmons, who will become the titular character with Jason Blum's Blumhouse set to produce it.

Who needs Jaime Foxx, when you've got Michael Jai White still in top shape and kikcing ass?.

• Like 2

Tex Killer
22 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Who needs Jaime Foxx, when you've got Michael Jai White still in top shape and kikcing ass?.

First movie was so bad it`s better they bring new actor to play spawn. Michael was not to blame, more like director and awful script but still better he is not in new one to remind of that old wreck. Atmosphere of animation was completely lost in live action movie, hopefully this time it will be good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Killer said:

First movie was so bad it`s better they bring new actor to play spawn. Michael was not to blame, more like director and awful script but still better he is not in new one to remind of that old wreck. Atmosphere of animation was completely lost in live action movie, hopefully this time it will be good.

I think with the creator of the very character taking charge of both script and directing, things look optimistic. McFarlane said he had Foxx in mind when he wrote the script so looks like his wish came true.

• Like 1

Todd McFarlane has let it slip that Jamie Foxx might have exited the titular role during a recent interview:

“Last week I got some discouraging news, we had an academy award-winning guy who was going to do the movie with us, but he fell off. We had people willing to fund the movie as long as we had this guy attached but schedules were conflicting, and things had to change. That’s how close we are to getting this thing off the ground.”

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

I quite like Spawn(Just got through reading a Batman/Spawn crossover that was awesome), so I hope they are able to get this movie made(Never saw the original movie, but I have heard its really bad). Kind of glad Jamie Foxx dropped out though, I've never been a big fan of his. I agree with @DragonClaws, they should just give Michael J White another shot in a movie with better production values and script. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 5/25/2021 at 1:31 PM, DarthKato said:

I quite like Spawn(Just got through reading a Batman/Spawn crossover that was awesome), so I hope they are able to get this movie made(Never saw the original movie, but I have heard its really bad). Kind of glad Jamie Foxx dropped out though, I've never been a big fan of his. I agree with @DragonClaws, they should just give Michael J White another shot in a movie with better production values and script.

A gritty take on the story, set in Spawns later years?.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Michael Jai White couldn't carry a movie like this these days. He has very little star power. My vote is for Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. He may not be as big as Jamie Foxx but he's an up and comer who's got plenty of push behind him.

I have my fingers crossed for Spawn as I hope, further down the line, they'll look at more Image Comics characters. Specifically Grifter.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

A gritty take on the story, set in Spawns later years?.

So a The Dark knight Returns type story for Spawn? That would be pretty awesome. 

4 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Michael Jai White couldn't carry a movie like this these days. He has very little star power. My vote is for Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. He may not be as big as Jamie Foxx but he's an up and comer who's got plenty of push behind him.

I have my fingers crossed for Spawn as I hope, further down the line, they'll look at more Image Comics characters. Specifically Grifter.

Oh yeah, he was great as Black Manta in Aquaman. I could see him being a pretty good Spawn. 

Never read any of Grifter, but he does have a really cool design. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

It's been a long time going but Jason Blum of Blumhouse productions has announced that the King Spawn script has been written... Image

@AlbertV may need to edit the title of this thread though as I seriously doubt Jeremy Renner is involved anymore.

• Like 1

AlbertV
3 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

It's been a long time going but Jason Blum of Blumhouse productions has announced that the King Spawn script has been written... Image

@AlbertV may need to edit the title of this thread though as I seriously doubt Jeremy Renner is involved anymore.

Done!

• Like 1

AlbertV

Todd MacFarlane is no longer directing the film but he and Jason Blum are happy with the script and are now hunting for a director. MacFarlane even admitted he wanted to make the film ASAP but Blum gave him some good advice on how filmmaking works. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/spawn-movie-director-todd-mcfarlane-1235958221/