MOWGLI: Rohand Chand, Cate Blanchett, Christian Bale, Naomi Harris (2018)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Rohand Chand plays the role of Mowgli, in this latest live action version. Based on the Rudyard Kipling series of short stories. I think Jason Scott Lee was the last actor to hav a go at this role?.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, Neel Sethi played Mowgli in Disney's live action/CGI adaptation of The Jungle Book in 2016 (Jon Favreau directed it), which I highly recommend. They did it right on that one. I'll see this one just to see how Andy Serkis fares as a director with his mastery of mo-cap.

mowgli2.jpg

DragonClaws
4 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Actually, Neel Sethi played Mowgli in Disney's live action/CGI adaptation of The Jungle Book in 2016 (Jon Favreau directed it), which I highly recommend. They did it right on that one. I'll see this one just to see how Andy Serkis fares as a director with his mastery of mo-cap.

I'd already forgotten about this version @AlbertV, and it's not like it's that old either.

Looks like the latest version might be going for a more adult telling of the story?.

1 minute ago, DragonClaws said:

I'd already forgotten about this version @AlbertV, and it's not like it's that old either.

Looks like the latest version might be going for a more adult telling of the story?.

I believe that's the intention, Serkis' version is supposed to go a little darker, so that makes it all the more interesting.

Archived