chiba mania!

Guest biomorph

Guest biomorph

I've recently gotten into chiba in a major way,I especially like the gory results of his fights[popping eyeballs ,x-ray shots etc,]I have the streetfighter series,executioners 1,karate warriors,the mas oyama films,and killing machine.Are there any I may be missing?I prefer hand to hand flicks with gory results,thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai

That's pretty much it, at least of the ones that have been released. I can't recommend The Bodyguard or Dragon Princess because they're of such bad quality and heavily edited on the cheapie versions I've seen, but those are two other empty handed fight films he's been in. It's too bad he completely dropped the karate stuff for the swordplay. Not to say I dislike his swordplay. It would have been nice to keep a balance of both types of films.

Just wondering - were there ANY Japanese strictly karate fighting films since the Chiba/Bronson Lee/70's period? It all seems to be swordplay or Yakuza films.

KFS

Guest biomorph

I have "Dragon Princess" and a few others,they came on a multi disc set.They're ok.Recently ordered "Executioners 2"-waiting to see it because I've heard it's outrageous!I dont know of too many hand to hand type films released in japan.Trying to find stuff with Yasuaki Kurata as well.

Guest kungfusamurai
I dont know of too many hand to hand type films released in japan.Trying to find stuff with Yasuaki Kurata as well.

That Bronson Lee film I mention, with Tadashi Yamashita, is worth checking out. It's pretty much like a SF-styled film, but not as gory and no Sonny Chiba. I haven't seen Roaring Fire starring Hiroyuki Sanada, but I guess that would count as an empty hand fighting movie from the 80's. Beyond that, I don't think there were any.

KFS

Archived