English Dogs (2019) Ron Smoorenberg, Byron Gibson, Eion OBrien

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Very little information about this Taffy Edwards(The Begining of The End) directed film, set in Thailand, apart from this trialer.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

ShaOW!linDude

I'd watch that just to see Smoorenburg in action. He's a good screen fighter.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
18 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

I'd watch that just to see Smoorenburg in action. He's a good screen fighter.

Looking at trailer, there's some solid action on display.

@ShaOW!linDude, did you ever get round to watching London Rampage with Greg Burridge?. Another low budget Brit-Flick featuring Martial Arts.

Edited by DragonClaws

DragonClaws
On 5/19/2018 at 3:50 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

Who was in it and was it any good?

Pro-Wrestler turned actor Greg Burridge, I started a thread for it.  Recall you being impressed by the trailer?,  it was a low budget indepedent movie. I don't think it ever got a physical release anywhere sadly.

• Like 2

Still little in the way of detials about this production, hopefully we will see some kind of release by the end of the year?.

MV5BMzEyNDUwYTMtZGI2My00NjA4LWI1MWUtMzFk

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 12:05 AM, wasilewski said:

Kind of like a British gangster flick mixed with martial arts.  

Hopefully, Accident Man did well enough financially, that U.K companies are taking note, so we get more British based actioners.

There's already a sequel in the works for Stu Bennet/Gary Daniels actioner I Am Vengeance, fingers crossed we get Accident Man 2, which I'm positive we will at some point. Evolutionary Films, who made I Am Vengenace, have also recently picked up Greg Burridges London Rampage, for release in the U.K this year. Things are not looking too bad for British based actioners, at the moment.

Here's the thread for the Greg Burridge film.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

On 8/15/2018 at 8:28 PM, DragonClaws said:

Hopefully, Accident Man did well enough financially, that U.K companies are taking note, so we get more British based actioners.

There's already a sequel in the works for Stu Bennet/Gary Daniels actioner I Am Vengeance, fingers crossed we get Accident Man 2, which I'm positive we will at some point. Evolutionary Films, who made I Am Vengenace, have also recently picked up Greg Burridges London Rampage, for release in the U.K this year. Things are not looking too bad for British based actioners, at the moment.

Here's the thread for the Greg Burridge film.

I really enjoyed Accident Man, it was one of the best Brit action films I'd seen in a long time.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wasilewski said:

I really enjoyed Accident Man, it was one of the best Brit action films I'd seen in a long time.  

You can read my thoughts on Accident Man here, just click on the link below, if your interested my write-up/ramble.

• Like 2

Mark Stars with Bryon Gibson and Ron Smoorenburg, in a scene from English Dog's.

MV5BZmFhN2YxOTEtNGUxMS00ZWM0LTk1M2QtNTJh

Anyone know who the man on the right is?.

MV5BZjU2MThjYmUtNGZjMy00YmMwLWE1ZWUtOTRm

• Like 1

Super Ninja

Got very interested in this one after seeing Smoorenburg was in charge of choreo. English Dogs In Bangkok is based on a true story of one of the biggest steroid dealers in Asia. Smoorenburg stars as Dutch, Bangkok based dealer who has a farm of crocodiles he feeds with steroids! He later sells the meat to restaurants all over Asia with unsuspecting customers growing big after their meals. If you wanna see Smoorenburg sweating and having roid rages, or talking about a woman with two pussies, this is the movie for you. 

I've been following British indie scene for a while now, and if movies like Nightshooters or Accident Man are top tier British indie actioners, English Dogs is quite the opposite. It is poorly written, amateurishly shot and directed, pretentious low budget martial arts flick with too little fights. The idea of telling the story of Asia's steroid king through a martial arts movie is intriguing, but the end result is not nearly as cool as it's trying to be. There are some neat ideas and some violence that helps though.

The fights look better than you'd expect and Edwards' movie doesn't deserve them. Not going for the juicy sound effects but still adding a level of intricacy, fights vary from choreographed realism to decent exchanges. Byron is pretty much all about street fighting preferably with a knuckle duster, and I did find his second fight with David Blazejko to be inventive as he uses two stun guns and nothing but to take down his opponent. Smoorenburg delivers a couple of moves I've never seen before but it was Mark Stas that impressed me the most. His explosive style is unlike any other and I guess he must've been using his very own Wing Flow System he created in 2017. Hope he gets a real chance to shine.

• Like 2