It: Chapter Two (2019) James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain, Bill Hader, James Ransone, Isaiah Mustafa, Bill Skarsgard

AlbertV

The sequel to 2017's hit adaptation of It is currently in development. Andres Muschietti is back at the helm and this time, it will revolve around the Loser's Club, now as adults, having to face the demonic Pennywise one more time.

Who will be playing the adults, well, according to various sources, including today's Deadline report, here is confirmed casting:

landscape-1501685894-it-pennywise.jpg

• Bill Skarsgard returns as Pennywise.

MV5BMTU1MDM5NjczOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY2MV5BMTQzNzIxOTYzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjYxMV5BNTY3MzgwMjE3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjc2MV5BMTMxNTU3NDg0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODIz

• Jessica Chastain will play Beverly Marsh.
  • James McAvoy will play Bill Denbrough.
  • Bill Hader will play Richie Tozier.
  • James Ransone will play Eddie Kaspbrak.

Both the characters of Ben Hanscom,  Stanley Uris and Mike Hanlon are left in terms of the core cast.

The film is scheduled to come out on September 6, 2019.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isaiah Mustafa, who many may known from a particular Old Spice commercial ("I'm on a horse"), has been cast as the adult Mike Hanlon. All members of the Losers' Club have been cast.

it2-mike.jpg?w=495&h=747

Interesting when a huge writer also becomes one of the most prolific "screenwriters" too. I definitely had my problems with the first one, but felt the battle sequences were among the most heart-pumping I had seen in a long time.

Still undecided on whether Ill run to the theater for this one, guess it depends on my mood once its out.

image.jpeg

Anybody else seen this yet? For me, it was a lot of great performances in a film that really is just a rehash of all the scares in the first, and due to the bloated runtime becomes repetitive very quickly, could have shaved a half hour off easily. I did enjoy Hader and Chastain in particular though.

4 hours ago, SamSeed said:

Anybody else seen this yet? For me, it was a lot of great performances in a film that really is just a rehash of all the scares in the first, and due to the bloated runtime becomes repetitive very quickly, could have shaved a half hour off easily. I did enjoy Hader and Chastain in particular though.

A lot of reviews echo your sentiment - overly long, a series of jump scares etc. I don't think I'll be running out to see this one.

Archived