Falling Camellia (2018)

DragonClaws

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whitesnake

Japanese filmmaker Kimura Daisuke has directed a new samurai film now in post-production, Chiri Tsubaki (Falling Camellia), based on a novel by Hamuro Rin, who also wrote the novel on which the 2014 movie, A Samurai Chronicle, was based.  Plot synopsis - "Uryu Shinbei appeals his boss's corruption and his appeal is denied.  He is kicked out from the clan.  Shortly afterwards, his wife Shino collapses from a disease and dies.  Right before her death, she tells Uryu, "I hope you go back to the Han and help Uneme Sakakibara."  Uryu and Sakakibara were friends, but they became rivals to gain Shino's affection."  Cast includes Okada Junichi (A Samurai Chronicle), Aso Kumiko (Dororo),  Nishijima Hidetoshi (Casshern), Kuroki Haru (Nagasaki: Memories of My Son), and Arai Hirofumi (Gintama).  It opens in Japan on September 28, 2018.  Official Japanese movie site is chiritsubaki.jp  (News from IMDB and http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.com/2018/05/falling-camellia-perilous-brotherhood.html  

DragonClaws
On 5/16/2018 at 7:03 PM, whitesnake said:

Japanese filmmaker Kimura Daisuke has directed a new samurai film now in post-production, Chiri Tsubaki (Falling Camellia), based on a novel by Hamuro Rin, who also wrote the novel on which the 2014 movie, A Samurai Chronicle, was based.  Plot synopsis - "Uryu Shinbei appeals his boss's corruption and his appeal is denied.  He is kicked out from the clan.  Shortly afterwards, his wife Shino collapses from a disease and dies.  Right before her death, she tells Uryu, "I hope you go back to the Han and help Uneme Sakakibara."  Uryu and Sakakibara were friends, but they became rivals to gain Shino's affection."  Cast includes Okada Junichi (A Samurai Chronicle), Aso Kumiko (Dororo),  Nishijima Hidetoshi (Casshern), Kuroki Haru (Nagasaki: Memories of My Son), and Arai Hirofumi (Gintama).  It opens in Japan on September 28, 2018.  Official Japanese movie site is chiritsubaki.jp  (News from IMDB and http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.com/2018/05/falling-camellia-perilous-brotherhood.html  

Appreciate the additional information.

Archived