Made In Chinatown (2019) Jay Kwon, Shuya Chang with Silvio Silmac, Lo Meng, James Lew

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

alfred-hsing-740-1.jpg

Alfred Hsing.

This Suza Singth(Replican) directed martial art gangster comedy, see's the debut of Ip Man 3 stunt coordinator Alfed Hsing, alongside an impressive cast, which includes, Silvio Silmac, Lo Meng, Hwang Jang Lee, James Lew, to name a few.

Chinese guy "Vinny" Chow's haphazard and hilarious efforts to join the Italian Mafia to earn some respect, to get the love of an Italian girl, and to find his identity in the only city in the world where you can be whatever you want. Well. IMDB Synopsis

MV5BYjc5YWFiNzYtNTg5OS00ZTE4LTk0MWQtODk2

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, thehangman said:

yeah heard about this the weekend silvio Simac is in it also

I mentioned his name too, thers an impressive cast of actors and Martial Arts stars, for an independent film.

• Like 2

Holy Crap!!!!

It said that they had a meet-n-greet at Cha-Cha's restaurant on April 27th. I actually passed by that restaurant that night on my way from work to do grocery shopping in Chinatown, I work just a few blocks from there in SOHO. I saw a gathering there but I didn't pay any attention - there are always gathering in that area especially on a Friday/weekend.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Filmmaker Art Camacho has now replaced director Suza Singth as the helmer of this independent action comedy.

Actress Michelle Procida on the set of the film.

For more BTS image/info, click on this Link- https://madeinchinatownmovie.com/behind-the-scenes/

Mark-Wiley-Michelle-procida-3.png

I know that area very well, I have eaten at the Chinese restaurant (Joe's Ginger) a few times.  

A few doors away was a video store where I used to shop.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, thekfc said:

It said that they had a meet-n-greet at Cha-Cha's restaurant on April 27th. I actually passed by that restaurant that night on my way from work to do grocery shopping in Chinatown, I work just a few blocks from there in SOHO. I saw a gathering there but I didn't pay any attention - there are always gathering in that area especially on a Friday/weekend.

2 hours ago, thekfc said:

I know that area very well, I have eaten at the Chinese restaurant (Joe's Ginger) a few times.  

A few doors away was a video store where I used to shop.

Thats really cool @thekfc, maybe you should see if they need any extras for th film?.

I'm guessing Lo Meng and Hwang Jang Lee have just cameo roles?.

One Armed Boxer
On 5/15/2018 at 12:14 AM, DragonClaws said:

I'm guessing Lo Meng and Hwang Jang Lee have just cameo roles?.

Where is it mentioned that Hwang Jang Lee is appearing in this?  He's not listed on the poster and doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere on the official website.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
17 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Where is it mentioned that Hwang Jang Lee is appearing in this?  He's not listed on the poster and doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere on the official website.

He's listed among the cast, over at The Film Combat Syndicate.

Link- http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/martial-arts-mob-comedy-made-in.html

Hwang Jang Lee (Drunken Master, Magnificent Warriors, No Retreat, No Surrender II: Raging Thunder) and Robert Samuels (H.K.S.A.) (Red Wolf, Mou Man Tai), as well as Eric Kovaleski and Chuck Zito (The Martial Arts Kid), Shuya Chang (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, Snakehead, Revenge of the Green Dragons) and Grandmasters Norman Chin and Wai Hong to name a few.

The above, is just a smaple of the cast listing, that features the HJL part.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
8 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

He's listed among the cast, over at The Film Combat Syndicate.

That explains a lot.😑

• Like 1

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

That explains a lot.😑

Do you tihnk he's been wrongly listed among the cast dude?.

DragonClaws

Robert Samuels is now on board as co-director, for this Martial Arts crime comedy.

Samuels with Jackie Chan.

10621843_564306873695581_924289873_n-600

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane

If this movie happens.... and with the people listed, well... let's just say I'm gonna be very surprised.

DragonClaws
8 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

If this movie happens.... and with the people listed, well... let's just say I'm gonna be very surprised.

Set to start filming on June 30th, the cast of course are subject to change, to quote the Machete In Space trailer.

DragonClaws

Puerto Rican Martial Artist Jose Manuel is the latest addition to the MICT cast.

Jose Manuel(left) with Pedro Conde.

e-8.jpg

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Jay Kwon has now been cast at the last minute, replacing Alfred Hsing in the lead role.

Can anyone confirm if Hwang Jang Lee is among the cast?, he's still being listed as part of the production, by Film Combat Syndicate.

Jay Kwon.

MV5BOTdlNzJmYTQtYjljOC00NzU3LWE5MWUtZWY0

• Like 1

DragonClaws

According to Film Combat Syndicate, filming has started on this production. With intention of releasing the movie next year.

FB_IMG_1530536415887.jpg

• Like 2

IMDB gives a US release date of 10 November 2018 for Made in Chinatown.  Film Combat Syndicate shows us the first official poster (below).  That's Chiu Chi Ling (Bruce's Deadly Fingers, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, Enter the Fat Dragon, Kung Fu Hustle) in the lower right corner.  

Made In Chinatown

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 2

Filming completed last August 01, and we have been in post production since. The film should be released next spring/summer. 

To answer some questions from above:

1. Hwang Jang Lee was in the cast, but was detained en route to the set at customs, and so he was replaced by Chiu Chi Ling. 
2. Lo Meng has a big role in the film. 
3. James Lew and Bobby Samuels ended up co-directing the film, due to scheduling conflicts etc with the previously assigned directors. James Lew also has a role in the film. 
4. The lead shifted 4 times until we landed on Jay Kwan as the lead. 
5. There are 6 former Sopranos actors in the movie as well. 

More information and updates, full cast and synposis, here: www.MadeInChinatownMovie.com 

Thanks for your support!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BengHong said:

Filming completed last August 01, and we have been in post production since. The film should be released next spring/summer. 

Thanks for the up-date, and welcome to the forums @BengHong.

14 hours ago, BengHong said:

1. Hwang Jang Lee was in the cast, but was detained en route to the set at customs, and so he was replaced by Chiu Chi Ling. 

Now I've got an image of an older Hwang Jang Lee, unleashing some heavy kicks on U.S customs workers. That must be a pain, to get him on board, only for custom to put a stop to it, at the last minute.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On 1/3/2019 at 11:56 AM, BengHong said:

1. Hwang Jang Lee was in the cast, but was detained en route to the set at customs

Tell us more...