Zatoichi 03

Guest iron flag

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest matakishi

I thought you might be.

I liked the ending, it carried the musical peasant theme to a conclusion and gave us a theatre curtain call for the cast. A fitting end to a modern morality play.

Different strokes.....

Guest godzillakungfu

Yeah, I felt it fit in with the whole musical context of the movie. I LMAO because it was so unexpected. It was little over long but for me it fit.

Guest iron flag

I usually dont like too mix Broadway Shows and Blind Swordsman movies! :lol

I got the feeling maybe the directors girlfriend was an aspiring choreagrapher and he was trying to give her a chance!

Guest limubai2000

My girlfriend (native Japanese) and I both were surprised at the end of the film but I think she liked it more than me. I was slightly perturbed to say the least. Upon a second viewing I guess I can understand the tongue and cheek of it but still, it's Zato.

Guest sakura2004

The finale kind of fits the rythmic/musical theme of the movie as a whole, and it fits because the villagers are celebrating their release from oppression. Its a good excuse to get up and get a drink.

Guest sakura2004

I think Kitano's is a brilliant reinterpretation of Zatoichi. The opening scene was fantastic, as was the cinematography, sets, and costuming. At no point did I find myself comparing with Katsu--I think this one does well on its own. Just hope there is a worthy sequel in the works.

Guest Violento

Yeah... the sequel. Maybe the sequel will also have it's sequel. And then another. Maybe there'll be yet another Zatoichi series :lol .

Archived