16mm print of 'The Uninvited Guest of the Star Ferry (1984) for sale in Korea

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

Lost Korean movie, the same film which formed the basis of Godfrey Ho's Ninja Terminator.

http://www.kvm.or.kr/technote6/board.php?board=qqqmarket&command=body&no=1055

Selling for 890,000 Korean won with 3000 won shipping (about $850). Quite pricey, but maybe someone here is sad enough interested, so I thought I'd post it here.

77f6f75f_224916mbfb5c8adbdbac5b8c6e4bad2

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

My prayers have been answered, now I just need to raise some funds to buy it.

Or don the ninja suit, and obtain it a less legal way lol.

TheKungFuRobber
25 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Cool, if you do manage to get it that would be awesome. It actually looks like a good movie

DragonClaws
11 minutes ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Cool, if you do manage to get it that would be awesome. It actually looks like a good movie

I'm not sure if the Ninja Terminator Appreciation thread that I started, has survived the many forum blackouts?. In that thread, me and former member Morgoth Bauglir, used to often talk about this movie, and the possibility of getting a release.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Keep in mind that there is the expense of transferring it to digital, which can be around $1000, easy, if you want it done properly. Going through the same thing with To Kill A Rover, which is a long process. My seller is doing the best to keep the price down by shopping it, but not everyone is as inclined. I will also say that I had been pretty upset that the other collector wanted $1500 USD for THE FABULOUS PROTECTRESS which he had transferred  from 35mm into Betamax, then DVD, but considering how much that would actually cost I  get it now.

Omni Dragon
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

I was going to call the bank and ask for a loan...

rh.png

Then I realised it was a bank holiday. So I pawned my Garfield phone instead. I was getting tired of people from other movies ringing me up anyway.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

A ninja suit seems a bit elaborate? I'm just going to wear a white suit over my usual black clothes and wear a blond wig (I'm sure no one will recognise me).

hjl.png

Besides a white suit will look a lot cooler if I happen to end up in A Bloody Fight/Duel to the Death over the Golden Ninja Warrior film reel.

the killer.jpg

14 hours ago, HyperDrive said:

The original link blocks US ip addresses?

It went thru fine for me.

HyperDrive
On 5/8/2018 at 7:46 AM, thekfc said:

It went thru fine for me.

I finally got through with a proxy. However, the date of posting is 5/31/2017. I wonder if the site is one of those where the listing stays up as long as the merchandise is still available.

Archived