Rambo 5: Last Blood - Sylvester Stallone, Paz Vega, Sergio Peris-Menchata, Yvette Monreal (2019)

DragonClaws

20 hours ago, saltysam said:

i got the Australian release, which is the 101 minute version. UK release is 89 minutes i think.

I'm not sure if the U.K release is shorter?, I havent purchased this one yet.

DragonClaws

Anyone got the chance to watch the Extended Cut yet?.

(Link Expired)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

I saw this in cinema a few months ago (yeah, Japan, always a year late).

Rambo: Last Blood [Long Version] (USA, 2019) [DCP] – 4/5
Flawed, but satisfying film does decent job milking the Rambo character and his Vietnam War trauma. This continues in the same path as the 2008 masterpiece Rambo with more focus on the main character than action. The Mexico setting and the occasional shitty CGI are liabilities, and the drama may not be award-worthy filmmaking… but in these days of Marvel garbage and Matt Damon action heroes you’re willing to settle for less, especially when you get someone with charisma on screen. And as for Sly, this is easily better than the three Expendables mishaps. Reviewed here is the 100 min version with the mountain rescue opening (not a well made scene, but thematically important) and additional character development for Rambo. I'd imagine the 90 min US/UK version must feel a bit gutted without these scenes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Karlos said:

@DragonClawsare there any UK friendly releases of the extended cut out there?

I havent had the time to look it up, putting Blu-Ray/DVD ourchases on hold at the moment. Which is saving me money but I'm also out of touch with new releases.

• Like 1