HANZO THE RAZOR

Guest venoms5

Guest venoms5

The HANZO Box set is out. Best Buy has it for $40. Anybody else get it? Interesting to see Katsu play such a character in light of the ZATOICHI movies. These three are more like the BABY CART films with alot of sex and torture added to the mix.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's at best buy at that price. I would guess it's the same online, but it's cheaper just to pick it up. It's in their action section BTW, not Martial Arts or boxsets.

Guest Violento
These three are more like the BABY CART films with alot of sex and torture added to the mix.

Which is why Zatoichi is so cool. The makers of the series proved that You can make splendid chambara films without all that exploitation crap.

that chambara with exploitation elements are the minority. The majority of samurai films don't have "all that exploitation crap." When something comes along that's unusual, like the Hanzo series, it gets more notice.

Guest sakura2004

I saw part 2 at the theatre when it was first released in the early 70s. After being a life-long fan, it was the last straw that killed my interest in the genre till a few years ago.

Archived