Robin Hood (2018) Taron Edgerton, Jaimie Foxx

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

This looks like the first Robin Hood adventure, I wont be seeking out in any form. It's a fantasy movie, that just happens use some of the characters from the old legends. They've not even given him an English longbow, he's got a Turksih recurve instead. Not that there's anything wrong with a recurve bow, I used to have one in my teen years. But Robin Hood and his character are tightly connected to lthe long bow. It's a bit like doing a re-make of Dirty Harry, and giving him a water pistol, instead of a magnum.

The production values look good, and I'm sure there will be very few if any young audience members, being nit picky about a wooden bow lol.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s only so many ways you can tell the same story,I will watch but I don’t hold out much hope.

DragonClaws
19 minutes ago, sym8 said:

There’s only so many ways you can tell the same story,I will watch but I don’t hold out much hope.

It looks like Robin Hood for the Assassin Creed generation, looks more like that video game, than it does a Robin Hood flick. Enjoyed the Ridley Scott movie a lot, despite the mis-casting of Russel Crowe, and some other minor gripes. Mark Strong made for a great villian, and it really looked the part. There were plans for more films, but clearly didnt hit if off with audiences, enough to warrent sequels. The original story is still as relevant today in Britan, as it ever has been.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:19 PM, DragonClaws said:

It looks like Robin Hood for the Assassin Creed generation, looks more like that video game, than it does a Robin Hood flick. Enjoyed the Ridley Scott movie a lot, despite the mis-casting of Russel Crowe, and some other minor gripes. Mark Strong made for a great villian, and it really looked the part. There were plans for more films, but clearly didnt hit if off with audiences, enough to warrent sequels. The original story is still as relevant today in Britan, as it ever has been.

Was thinking the same thing. Looks more like what the Assassin's Creed movie should been, then what we got. I'll watch it because it looks cool. But this defiantly isn't Robin Hood. 

Archived