Be Water, My Friend: New book from Shannon Lee

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Flatiron Carries Lee’s ‘Water’
Shannon Lee, the daughter of Bruce Lee, sold a book titled Be Water, My Friend that describes how to find a path for self-improvement in the philosophies of her father. Flatiron Books’ Sarah Murphy preempted world English rights to the title from Albert Lee and Jane von Mehren at Aevitas Creative Management. Noting that Shannon Lee is the only living child of Bruce Lee, Flatiron said the book will be a guide to his “writings and teachings” that show “how these principles can inspire a life of personal growth and self-actualization.”

Source- https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/book-deals/article/76674-book-deals-week-of-april-23-2018.html

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle the motto of Bruce Lee Enterprises. Different cover but the same story. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
18 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle the motto of Bruce Lee Enterprises. Different cover but the same story. 

Thats all they can do, Lee hasnt been around to produce new content, there stuck with what there is. There continues to be a demand, but there's little new they can offer. The only way to make money then, is by releasing the same stuff over and over. Or by allowing his face to be used on products and in advertising.

Maybe Shannon could get behind a blu-ray release of The Green Hornet (similar to what the Batman series got a few years ago) series, or a new& improved version of a The Making Of Enter The Dragon book, or a full color, glossy paged version of Bruce Lee's Fighting Method featuring alternate photos from the original photo shoots & maybe interviews with participants like Mito Uyehara (is he still around?) & Dan Inosanto. Knowing the Lee Estate, I won't hold my breath waiting for any of that, but hopefully Shannon & Warner Bros. will at least give us a decent 50th anniversary version of Enter The Dragon (though my hopes aren't real high for that, either). I know none of that could really be described as exactly "new" but it could all be vastly improved over versions we've already gotten.

• Like 3

George Tan claimed that there are hours of ETD footage stored by Warner in their Kansas City vaults. He went so far to say that you could put together an entirely alternate version using different angles (the mirror room footage alone is feature-length).

Source: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bucketheads/viewtopic.php?p=409#p409

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

WB can make another bloody Lethal Weapon movie that no one has asked for but can't be arsed to look for ETD footage which everyone wants!

Edited by PandaPawPaw
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

14 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

WB can make another bloody Lethal Weapon movie that no one has asked for but can't be asred to look for ETD footage which everyone wants!

If by everyone you mean a handful of fans (myself included) I agree. But seriously who outside the fandom still cares for an alternate version of ETD!? Same goes for a whole lot of other movies as well. These big companies only think in dollar signs and yes apparently another Lethal Weapon movie delivers on that promise!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, laagi said:

If by everyone you mean a handful of fans (myself included) I agree. But seriously who outside the fandom still cares for an alternate version of ETD!? Same goes for a whole lot of other movies as well. These big companies only think in dollar signs and yes apparently another Lethal Weapon movie delivers on that promise!

Yes, we represent a relatively small niche market, but aren't we the same small market currently being catered to by companies like Eureka!, 88 Films, Shout Factory, Arrow Video, etc.? I do wish one of those companies could have some say in what WB would do with Enter The Dragon, like you say WB has never seemed willing to put much effort/money into doing anything special with ETD (it annoyed me when they included, what, 3 minutes of Ahna Capri's footage in that Blood & Steel documentary when we all knew there was more there, and, if I can vent a bit more, why do Jackie Chan's Lo Wei movies look sharper, picture wise, then the versions of ETD we've gotten thus far?! WTF?!!). Regarding another Lethal Weapon movie (hadn't heard anything about that until now), well, I'll look forward to that about as much as I'll look forward to this upcoming Indiana Jones movie, which is to say, not much!

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

9 hours ago, laagi said:

Yeah when I said everyone I meant BL/MA fans. The general public probably don't give a shit. :D

I just find it frustrating when a lot of HK movies don't have the original negs for deleted/missing scenes where as footage that does exist doesn't get to see the light of day.

• Like 2

HK filmmakers should have created a system where versions in different countries have different scenes so that they could make even more money. They were on the right track by having the Taiwanese versions generally being longer, but they should have afforded the same luxury to Western releases. Imagine a Western version of Yes, Madam where we lost some of the comedy but gained those old school fights with Yeoh and Rothrock.

• Like 3

One Armed Boxer
13 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

HK filmmakers should have created a system where versions in different countries have different scenes so that they could make even more money.

They did. The multiple endings of ‘Righting Wrongs’ to cater to the mainland and alike is a good example. Likewise for the Cynthia Khan finale in ‘Tiger Cage 2’ for the Malaysian market.

There’s a few more examples mentioned in this thread - 

• Like 3