R.I.P Sun Yueh

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

RainingintheMountain+1979-19-b.jpg

Sun Yueh, far left, image from the HKMDB.

Sun Yueh played some of the best slimey and cowardly characters, to ever grace the silver screen. He was also a prolific actor all round, and worked right until 1990, leaving behind a hefty 177 movie filmography.

Thanks to @Mike Leeder for making me aware of this, via this Twitter post.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShawAngela

Sad news.

As I said once in a review, I wonder if he ever played a good and righteous guy in his movies...

DragonClaws
10 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

As I said once in a review, I wonder if he ever played a good and righteous guy in his movies...

While Ive never seen Raining in The Mountain, it appears he plays a decent character in that, if the image in my first post is anything to go by?. He also plays a decent, albiet criminal in anFnatasy Mission Force.

Omni Dragon

RIP

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Sad news.

He does play a police inspector in City On Fire. Even though morality is somewhat blurred in the movie as a whole, he is 1 of the good guy's and from what I remember most of his actions are justified within the context of the movie.

NoKUNGFUforYU

I think one of my favorite roles of his is in From The Highway. The action is terrible in that movie, but it's a great story. Did an awesome job as a slimy weasel.

KenHashibe

Bummed to hear this news. Terrific actor. He left a big impression on me with every role he played. My condolences go to those who were close to him. Rest in peace!

Side note: I find it interesting that a lot of you seem to remember him for playing villains. The only roles I've seen him play are good guys (Fantasy Mission Force, Papa Can You Hear Me Sing?, City on Fire, Pedicab Driver). I thought he was fantastic in all of these movies.

TheKungFuRobber

HA HA HA, LAI LAI LAI. I like all the food and I love drinking wine!

RIP. Remember watching Fantasy Mission Force until I wore out the tape and always being amused as a little boy. One of my earliest introductions to Jimmy Wang Yu and Jackie Chan, and of course Sun Yueh’s unforgettable solo at the start of the film. Such a guilty pleasure of mine. Sad to hear that chap has passed away.

Archived