Who Else Cant Wait For IP MAN 6? (Misleading Sequels Thread)

Koravec

Fearless Master(1980) a.k.a Litte Master, is sometimes sold as Fearless Hyena 3.

Jackie Chan clone, Jacky Cheng Shou-Lung(Angel Terminators), stars alongside Bolo Yeung, in this false sequel to Fearless Hyena 2, with choreogprahy from Bruce Le(Huang Kin-Lung).

LittleMaster+1980-21-b.jpg

• Like 4

It seems like there's a few movies that use the title Ultra Force in Germany. Especially the girls with guns movies. 

Yes, Madam (1985):

Yes, Madam.jpg

Royal Warriors (1986):

Royal Warriors.jpg

Tiger Cage (1988):

Ultra Force 4 - Tiger Cage.jpg

Killing Angels (1989):

KILLER ANGELS b.jpg

Devil Hunters (1989):

ULTRA FORCE DEVIL HUNTERS.jpg

ULTRA FORCE DEVIL HUNTERS c.jpg

Devil Hunters - Ultra Force II.jpg

Also in Germany, Princess Madam (1989) was released as if it was the 4th Iron Angels movie:

pm.jpg

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

It seems like there's a few movies that use the title Ultra Force in Germany. Especially the girls with guns movies. 

Easy to see how fans/collectors, bought the same film multiple times, without knowing it, in the pre-internet day's. Looks like you could have a whole thread, just dedicated to misleading girls with guns releases.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A re-titling for one of the many Bloodfist films, featuring Don Wilson, there never was a Kickboxer 6.

f1da107145e5a621e4c14b4c5a14a819.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

On 1/30/2019 at 4:05 PM, DragonClaws said:

A re-titling for one of the many Bloodfist films, featuring Don Wilson, there never was a Kickboxer 6.

f1da107145e5a621e4c14b4c5a14a819.jpg

a-vinganca-de-um-kickboxer-don-wilson-ra

Bloodfist III: Forced to Fight is called Revenge of the Kickboxer

coleco-bloodfist-kickboxers-3-4-5-6-7-8-

Bloodfist 5: Human Target is known as Cilada para um Kickboxer (Trap for a Kickboxer)

Bloodfist VII: Manhunt is known simply as Cicada Humana (Manhunt) in Brazil.

Bloodfist VIII: Hard Way Out is known as No Limits of Violence in Brazil.

• Like 4

Whoever thought there would be two Karate Tiger 7 films

Germany (To Be the Best😞

picture_12.php?id_of_gebot=6230725&size=

Czech Republic (Best of the Best 3😞

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/31/2019 at 10:35 PM, AlbertV said:

Bloodfist VIII: Hard Way Out is known as No Limits of Violence in Brazil.

My head's still spinnning, watching some of these films, once is enough, but getting tricked into seeing them again, man thats tough.

ong+b.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

DragonClaws

This movie is often reffered to as Sister Street Fighter 4: Fifth Level Fist. While Etsuko Shihomi does star in this production. It's not related to the other films in the Sister Streetfighter series.

71ZAmLJ6DlL._RI_.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

On 9/11/2018 at 3:31 PM, DragonClaws said:

I recenlty read in the Bleeding Steel thread, that the films being re-titled Police Story Re-Born in Japan, or some similar title. Unable to find a poster or image of this, even if they dont make it out to be a sequel, its still very misleading.

@Takuma was the first to post this news.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

DragonClaws

Was Tiger on The Beat 2, an actual sequel?, or did it ony share the same title?. @Tex Killer recent post about watching this movie, sparked my interest in it.

91iKdzXn98L._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Was Tiger on The Beat 2, an actual sequel?, or did it ony share the same title?. @Tex Killer recent post about watching this movie, sparked my interest in it.

91iKdzXn98L._SL1500_.jpg

It was an actual sequel. It features the stunt that almost killed Conan Lee...

• Like 4

Secret Executioner

Disclaimer: better get some aspirin or ibuprofen or the likes handy for the possible headache coming out of this. :tongue: 

I'm surprised nobody mentionned there exist:

bigboss2_85d6c2b73cee7eec33808ceeb5bffec

big_bd5c51293bf6b81400fa7af326e07651.jpg 

bigboss_ae1286bd1041d02bdf23d2c19628701b 

Fist of Fury.jpg

• New Fist of Fury (with Jackie Chan billed as the star but actually in a minor role IIRC) http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/movie.asp?id=1161 (and while the French release simply adds "nouvelle" - which is French for "new" - to the title of the original Bruce Lee movie like the English title does, it seems to be available as Meister aller Klassen 3 - or "Master of all classes 3" (?) - in Germany) 

new-fist-of-fury-poster_015c72c64a6e9759

Lanouvellefureurdevaincre_8c9325add4ae25

newfistoffury_131454c86442d948806004ff0d

Not sure if it's really mislabelling or actually a more accurate titling, but over here in France, Come drink with me is called L'Hirondelle d'Or ("The Golden Swallow") and Golden Swallow is called Le Retour de l'Hirondelle d'Or ("Return of the Golden Swallow").

Hirondelle d'Or slim.jpg

Retour de l'Hirondelle d'Or slim.jpg

Shaw Bros bipack 5 (1).jpg

Edited by Secret Executioner
Rearranging.
  • Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang

Haha, I feel dizzy now, despite sipping a double espresso while reading :yociexp103:

Chinese title of COME DRINK WITH ME translates to 'drunken knight' or 'big drunken hero' while GOLDEN SWALLOW is translation of the original title (a rare occasion, haha).

More confusing German Jackie Chan titles: MEISTER ALLER KLASSEN = THE YOUNG MASTER, MEISTER ALLER KLASSEN 2 = SPIRITUAL KUNG FU.

PROJECT A = DER SUPERFIGHTER, FEARLESS HYENA 2 = SUPERFIGHTER 2, FEARLESS HYENA = SUPERFIGHTER 3. More appropriateley, PROJECT A II = PROJECT B.

WEALS ON MEALS = POWERMAN, TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR = POWERMAN 2, HEART OF DRAGON = POWERMAN 3. MY LUCKY STARS = TOKYO POWERMAN.

I need more coffee.

• Like 4

DragonClaws
On 7/3/2019 at 7:02 PM, Secret Executioner said:

Disclaimer: better get some aspirin or ibuprofen or the likes handy for the possible headache coming out of this. :tongue: 

How did everyone miss those?, well spotted @Secret Executioner.

On 7/3/2019 at 7:02 PM, Secret Executioner said:

Not sure if it's really mislabelling or actually a more accurate titling, but over here in France, Come drink with me is called L'Hirondelle d'Or ("The Golden Swallow") and Golden Swallow is called Le Retour de l'Hirondelle d'Or ("Return of the Golden Swallow").

Don't quote me, but I think this thread's for misleading sequels, rather than a.k.a's for artial Arts movies?. That in itself, could be a whole series of thread/book's. Some movies have so many a.k.a's, you could dedicate a book just to one flick.

I'll never forgive who-ever decided to re-package the Yuen Qui production Police Woman(1976), as Rumble in Hong Kong. Like it was some early pre-quel made in Hong Kong. As a new to the genre fan, it was a headscratcher sitting through that one.

• Like 1