Who Else Cant Wait For IP MAN 6? (Misleading Sequels Thread)

Koravec

So theres been news of a new IP MAN movie coming out sometime. I would just like to take a minute to recap the last three installments of the franchise...      

This is just a joke, feel free to add other misleading sequels here. Hopefully this thread doesn't already exist somewhere and I missed it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Koravec
title update
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, Ah_Tao said:

I actually enjoy all of the Ip Man films. Im shocked that the Grandmaster wasn't put in this thread though lol

Haha, the idea of this was that these movies were numbered on the cover as if they were really part of the series.I definetlywould have included Grandmaster if it said Ip Man (insert number here) on the cover. Yeah I like all these movies for the most part too.

A couple things Ill point out is that its funny to think Dennis To was older in that movie than Bruce Lee ever was in real life. dennis just looks so young in that movie. Something else Id like to add is that while I only partially enjoyed Final Fight ("Ip Man 4") I found the scenes of him going about his days as an old folk and wandering the streets more entertaining and engaging than the movie's fight scenes lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

In Germany, THE LEGEND IS BORN - IP MAN is sold as IP MAN ZERO :D

IPMANZERO.jpg

What in the world? Thats amazing 😂. You have to wonder, why bother at that point haha.

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 1

DragonClaws
11 hours ago, Koravec said:

Hopefully this thread doesn't already exist somewhere and I missed it.

@One Armed Boxer started a thread about misleading Martial Arts movies covers, and wrote an article about them for CityOnFire.Com.

Those Ip Man exploitation DVD covers are nuts, they even have the balls to put Donnie Yen face on the Ip Man 5 cover.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

@One Armed Boxer started a thread about misleading Martial Arts movies covers, and wrote an article about them for CityOnFire.Com.

Those Ip Man exploitation DVD covers are nuts, they even have the balls to put Donnie Yen face on the Ip Man 5 cover.

Thanks for letting me know, I want to read it. Mind linking it if you can?

And I guess that Ip Man 5 cover is actually Ip Man 3 (the actual one) since it credits Mike Tyson on the cover. Odd that it was marketed that way. Though I can't recall if Final Fight was actually part of the official series, I'd assume it wasn't. I know The Legend Is Born was not part of the series, despite including actors featured in the first two films.

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 1

DragonClaws
3 minutes ago, Koravec said:

Thanks for letting me know, I want to read it. Mind linking it if you can?

Just cant recall the threads exact title, so using the forums search engine wont come up with any results, to post a link for you, but the thread does exist.

Sure @One Armed Boxer can hep you out?.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

s-l640.jpg

I want to watch this now, is it a big building raid movie like the 'first'?

• Like 1

DragonClaws
13 hours ago, Koravec said:

I want to watch this now, is it a big building raid movie like the 'first'?

I watched rented it once on VHS, so you can guess how long ago I caught it. From what I remember it starts off on the streets, and ends up in a hospital, or at least a public buidling of some kind?. It's pretty much one long gun fight, with some far out action.

Here's the trialer.

• Like 4

DragonClaws

Even though Donnie Yen did return for this one, could it be classed as misleading?, never watched this one, but some say it's not an official sequel?.

29492_1_large.jpg

• Like 2

Omni Dragon

It's misleading to say POLICE ASSASSINS 2 is a sequel because it's just another name for POLICE ASSASSINS which was originally called YES, MADAM (1985).

PA 1.jpg

PA2.jpg

On a side note there is at least 5 movies called YES, MADAM:
The 1939 British YES, MADAM? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_Madam%3F)
The 1942 Italian YES, MADAM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_Madam_(1942_film))
The 1985 Hong Kong YES, MADAM (http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=6748&display_set=eng)
Another Hong Kong movie from 1995 called YES MADAM (http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=10654&display_set=eng)
The 2003 Indian YES MADAM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_Madam_(2003_film))

POLICE ASSASSINS 2 is the perfect movie for people who say "the sequel is never as good as the first one". Because POLICE ASSASSINS 2 is just as good as POLICE ASSASSINS because it is POLICE ASSASSINS and it's also YES, MADAM not to be confused with; YES, MADAM? or YES, MADAM or YES MADAM or even YES MADAM.

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon
Images.
  • Like 6

In Germany, The Red Canvas is misled as part of the Bloodsport series

picture_12.php?id_of_gebot=5391146&size=

and No Retreat, No Surrender 3: Blood Brothers was called Kick-Boxer 2 as Karate Tiger 3 was the original Kickboxer

th?id=OIP.RHWlQjhZqX-CsdmqobO0_gAAAAkickboxer-1-karate-tiger-3.jpg

• Like 5

716gR-z1apL._RI_SX200_.jpg

Original title is Northern Kicks, Southern Fists

51yhWALrH5L._SX342_.jpg

Showdown-1993-film-images-34861b98-7dd1-

Original title: Showdown

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

I recenlty read in the Bleeding Steel thread, that the films being re-titled Police Story Re-Born in Japan, or some similar title. Unable to find a poster or image of this, even if they dont make it out to be a sequel, its still very misleading.

@Takuma was the first to post this news.

• Like 3