Possible U.S. Outrage Coda blu-ray (Calling all Kitano fans)

Vegeta84

So this post will be a bit different. I'm not announcing that this is coming out, but at this point it has a 50/50 chance of happening in the United States. 

So after talking to Celluloid Dreams, they told me they sold the rights to Film Movement. After talking to Film Movement, they confirmed they have the rights and will be releasing the film. Good news right? Somewhat. They aren't sure that the blu-ray format will be getting the film as there might not be enough interest/demand for Kitano anymore and it might simply just go straight to DVD only. They said they have to gauge interest first, before deciding if it's worth getting a blu-ray release. 

So I'm trying to see if this is a film people would want on blu-ray and it's really up to us to help them decide. 

I'm a huge fan of the first two films and I watched the this one last week and it was a perfect end to the series. It wouldn't make sense that the third one wouldn't get a blu-ray release seeing as how the first two did. (From Magnolia) 

So please post any thoughts here, and if you want to show them that you're interested in this release please e-mail their customer service e-mail at info@filmmovement.com. 

If enough interest is shown we can get this film on blu-ray otherwise it's going to DVD only.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta be kidding me! Kitano not on blu-ray is stupid! And to think this month I picked up Hana-Bi from them on blu-ray.

1 hour ago, lilmanjs said:

You gotta be kidding me! Kitano not on blu-ray is stupid! And to think this month I picked up Hana-Bi from them on blu-ray.

Yeah, they have released three Kitano titles on blu-ray, so you would think the trend would continue.  Please send them an e-mail to show that there is interest for the title on blu-ray, and if enough people show interest, it will happen.  They only release about half their new titles on blu-ray at this point. 

Also, are there any other major Asian cinema forums? I'd like to post this message on other forums as well, but this is the one I know the best. 

Archived