Unity Of Heroes: Vincent Zhao is Wong Fei-Hung once more (2018)

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

From M.A.A.C

The film is titled THE UNITY OF HEROES and is directed by LIN ZHEN-HAO. Starring alongside Zhao is WEI NI and MICHAEL TONG (God Of War). Not much is known about the plot at the moment besides a wild rumor that ‘Aunt 13’ will be a cyborg(?!).

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

Another wire filled Wong Fei Hung outing? I’m sold.

Tje trailer didn’t blow my mind and I feel this film might be “Rise of a Legend” good, but I liked that film so I’ll be checking the one out too.

Frank Bolte

speaking from the view of a hung gar practicioner, I´m not going to watch this... it probably takes Lau Kar Leungs resurrection to have a good and grounded WFH movie again..

(like challenge of the masters or martial club)... having said all that...Immost likely going to watch this... but still

DragonClaws

Anyone else notce that Vincent Zhao appears to be younger now, than when he made movies in the 90's.

whitesnake

"Well Go USA has acquired North American rights to two titles handled internationally by China’s iQiyi – martial arts action title The Unity Of Heroes and fantasy action The Legend Of Zu."  News from - https://www.screendaily.com/news/wellgo-usa-acquires-iqiyis-unity-of-heroes-and-legend-of-zu-for-north-america-exclusive/5129301.article  

Film Combat Syndicate has added a plot - "In the late Qing Dynasty, the East India Company produces a narcotic by conducting human testing in Guangdong.  These secret tests begin to come to light when one of the test subjects crashes into Wong Fei Hung's famed medicine clinic."  When the East India Company and other importers to China were forcing China to buy opium from India, is it any wonder that Chinese filmmakers add European (and American) villains to the kung fu mix?

When I was searching for Kung Fu Big League trailer, a video showed up with a description saying it's for "Kung Fu Alliance", but it's another trailer for The Unity of Heroes, with more emphasis on the comedy than the original trailer.  I also found another Youtube video with emphasis on Aunt Bee (fight scenes).  Update - Sorry, the video with Aunt Bee in action has disappeared.  I am deleting it. 

Comedy emphasis trailer - 

Aunt Bee (fight scenes) emphasis video - deleted 

Drunken Monk

Neither of these clips make the film look any good but, for some reason, I'm going to watch the shit out of this.

Drunken Monk
51 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Hong Kong blu-ray due out around August 3rd.

Wow, it got very little fanfare. It feels like it's been tossed to Blu Ray pretty quickly. Hmm...I'm not sure whether I'm going to buy this release or wait for Well Go to put it out.

22 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Wow, it got very little fanfare. It feels like it's been tossed to Blu Ray pretty quickly. Hmm...I'm not sure whether I'm going to buy this release or wait for Well Go to put it out.

I'll wait for Well Go, but this review got me a little more interested:

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/07/15/fantasia-2018-review-the-unity-of-heroes-will-bring-nostalgia-to-90s-kung-f

Asian Film Strike (posted 2 September 2018) says The Unity of Heroes 2 is already in post-production, with Vincent Zhao and Wei Ni in the same roles, and Miya Muqi (Kung Fu Yoga) added to the cast. 

Movie poster (from chinesemov.com)

ââThe Unity of Heroes 2 Movie Poster, é»é£é¸¿ä¹ææµ·éé£ 2019 Chinese film

One Armed Boxer
16 hours ago, whitesnake said:

Asian Film Strike (posted 2 September 2018) says The Unity of Heroes 2 is already in post-production, with Vincent Zhao and Wei Ni in the same roles, and Miya Muqi (Kung Fu Yoga) added to the cast. 

Well, that's me in. Every traditional kung-fu movie needs a yoga teacher in its cast, & if they look like Miya Muqi, even better.

On 9/12/2018 at 11:54 AM, Drunken Monk said:

I was wrong on this one. While you can find it on Prime Video and it says it's available, it isn't.

Since Well Go USA picked this up (and haven't announced any release plans yet), I am thinking this is some kind of bootleg upload that got yanked when Amazon realized what was up.

Archived