Taiwanese Tear-Up's: Classic Kung Fu from Taiwan

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Tong Lung channels the spirit of Bruce Lee, in another short fight scene from Growling Tiger(1974) a.k.a Tiger from China.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
28 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Tong Lung channels the spirit of Bruce Lee, in another short fight scene from Growling Tiger(1974) a.k.a Tiger from China.

That has to be one of the laziest fight scenes I've ever seen.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
9 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

That has to be one of the laziest fight scenes I've ever seen.

Hi @Drunken Monk

The choreography and how its executed?, or the speed in which the action takes place?, or all three?.

It's not Yeun Woo-Ping, or Corey Yuen, but I don't dislike this old-school style. Not that the above clip, would be rated among my persoanl favorite 70's, action set peices. The guy took out a whole gang in just under a minute, which isnt bad.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
Just now, DragonClaws said:

Hi @Drunken Monk

The choreography and how its executed?, or the speed in which the action takes place?, or all three?.

It's not Yeun Woo-Ping, or Corey Yuen, but I don't dislike this old-school style. Not that the above clip, would be rated among my persoanl favorite 70's, action set peices. The guy took out a whole gang in just under a minute, which isnt bad.

Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining. It just seems very, very slow in comparison to some of that era's fight work. Heck, even when compared to some Bruceploitation films. Again, I'm not complaining. I was smiling when I type about it being lazy.

• Like 3

DragonClaws

Here's my latest Taiwaenese-centric review, Kung Fu Fandom reader's/contributor's can see the complete writ-up. By just clicking on the link  below, thank you.

poster-780.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Wow !! It looks great !!

I don't know why, but I had avoided this movie until now, but watching this trailer makes me willing to watch it now ! And Lo Lieh is in it too !!

Does Carter Wong play a kind of Pai Mei, here ?

• Like 2

DragonClaws

On 4/20/2019 at 7:30 AM, ShawAngela said:

Does Carter Wong play a kind of Pai Mei, here ?

You could say so, only with a higher pitched voice, and slightly more crazed.

Thanks to @rdenn, for sharing this video on his YouTube channel.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Tex Killer

Kino lorber will be releasing Revenge Of the shogun Women in america as BR..It`s on youtube as heavily shortened version and bad quality. Took  a look and action is a bit on slow side but otherwise looks like can be ok flick. Might be worth checking out when disc is released...good thing in Kino releases is they are available at amazon so foreign customers do not need to go for special shop and pay hefty shipping costs..

Revenge_of_the_shogun_women_1977.JPG

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/Revenge_of_the_Shogun_Women

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

Kino lorber will be releasing Revenge Of the shogun Women in america as BR..It`s on youtube as heavily shortened version and bad quality. Took  a look and action is a bit on slow side but otherwise looks like can be ok flick. Might be worth checking out when disc is released...good thing in Kino releases is they are available at amazon so foreign customers do not need to go for special shop and pay hefty shipping costs..

Superb news, and I really appreciate you posting it here. Would you mind adding the same news to the following thread too?. Just for those on the forum wanting to keep track of new releases, of older titles.

• Like 1

Zhan Gua Ren

Seven Steps of Kung Fu

Great pace and kung fu styling, with an array of excellent characters featuring Cheng Tien Chi, Chia Kai, and Chang Shan.

large.728240153_ZGR003KungFu7Steps.jpg

• Like 4

Secret Executioner

@Zhan Gua Ren That one's a pretty cool movie. 😎

And like countless Fu movies of the time, it has Lung Fei in it. Back when I was in college, there was a point I'd watch at least one Fu movie a week and he seemed to be in every single movie I watched - to the point I still recognize him even though I haven't seen a movie of his in close to 4 years. :bs_coveredlaugh:

7 Steps of Kung Fu 05.jpg

Edited by Secret Executioner
Lung Fei
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, Secret Executioner said:

And like countless Fu movies of the time, it has Lung Fei in it.

A weekly dose of Lung Fei movies, should be in everyones diet.

• Like 3

Secret Executioner
22 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

A weekly dose of Lung Fei movies, should be in everyones diet.

It sure was healthy when I had my fix every Sunday afternoon. :bs_coveredlaugh:

Edited by Secret Executioner
correcting typing mistakes.
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
2 minutes ago, Secret Executioner said:

It sure was healthy hen I had my fix every Sunday afternoon. :bs_coveredlaugh:

I caught Kung Pow Enter The Fist for the first time last weekend, he even turned up that.

• Like 2

DragonClaws

More Taiwanese based action for you, with a my all new Brave Girl Boxer from Shanghai themed rambling's.

Doris Lung Chun-Erh and Wen Chiang-Wen's character's, take to the air in a fight scene from the film.

MV5BMmQ2NDI2NjQtMTVkMy00YWI0LTllZTAtNmI0

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

DragonClaws

Recently sat and watched Tan Tan-Liang face of against a very golden Lung Fei, in this Taiwanese indie.

MV5BNzk2NGRkYzctZDdjYS00ZDUwLTk4NmYtNTgz

• Like 2