Taiwanese Tear-Up's: Classic Kung Fu from Taiwan

DragonClaws

The film opens with an angry mob carrying torches, there out searching for escaped prisoner Yu Ching-Lung, and his mute friend. There's, some nice shots of the torch bearing mob, set against the misty dawn hours. While our hero evades the mob, thanks to some super human leaps and somersaults. He finds himself stuck in a wild animal trap,

Another Taiwanese tear-up, related ramble from me, click on the link below, for the complete write-up, thank you.

Chi Yung(Yu Ching-Lung) evades Mr Tings(Miao Tian) deadly finger poke of doom, in a scene from the final fight.

jlk71-RWK2HX8SDZC-Full-Image_GalleryBack

• Like 3

While this documentary about Chinese Martial Arts in Taiwan, doesnt cover any movie related materiel, still thought some Kung Fu Fandom followers/contributors, would be interested in viewing it.

• Like 2

Top class Taiwanese set actioner, from the Shen Cheun (H.K) Film Company Film Ltd, the company behind Iron Monkey, made the same year. Both featuring former Shaw Brothers star, Chinese born Chen Kuen-Tai(Boxer From Shantung). This was the tough star's first post Shaw Brothers film, shot entirely in Taiwan, with a mostly Taiwanese cast and crew. Who really pulled out all the stops, in terms of decent production values. It’s evident from the opening shot of a crowded 1920s Shanghai street scene, this movie, was head and shoulders above a lot of independent flicks of the time.

Any Kung Fu Fandom followers/contributor's, can access my full length review, by clicking on the usual link below, thank you.

Hsueh Ao-Lin(Chen Kuen-Tai) gets ambushed in a local park, in a scene from Layout.

jlk71-C25YGBXA263-Full-Image_GalleryBack

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Does anyone have ever heard or seen the movie Blind swordswoman 1966 ?

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=18501&display_set=eng

I cant help you with that one @ShawAngela, I'd be surprised if knowone on the forum, hasnt seen it.

This is last old-school movie I watched, which is the definition of a Taiwanese tear-up, here's the link, to my complete review, for all you, Kung Fu Fandom followers/contributors, who like long winded ramble.

1970's U.S Theatrical poster, under a new title.

MV5BY2JmNzcyM2QtNGUwZi00MGFjLTkwZDctYzky

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I cant help you with that one @ShawAngela, I'd be surprised if knowone on the forum, hasnt seen it.

This is last old-school movie I watched, which is the definition of a Taiwanese tear-up, here's the link, to my complete review, for all you, Kung Fu Fandom followers/contributors, who like long winded ramble.

1970's U.S Theatrical poster, under a new title.

MV5BY2JmNzcyM2QtNGUwZi00MGFjLTkwZDctYzky

Tong Lung is the older brother of Alexander Lou (Lo Rei). I found @Mike Leeder's profile on Lo on the Forces of Geek website. Tong is a taekwondo champion as well.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Tong Lung is the older brother of Alexander Lou (Lo Rei).

Thanks for that, now you mention it, you can see the family reseblemance.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

https://blind swordawomanwww.youtube.com

GD Y-Y

Edited by GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

One of my all time favourite Taiwanese actioners, featuring some great talent on-screen, not to mention the underatted, Lee Tso Nam behind the lens.

Seen the movie?, get the shirt.

• Like 1

Vengeance of the Phoenix Sisters

三鳳震武林 | 1968 | Director: Chen Hongmin

Classic martial arts action comes to Taiwanese-language cinema with Vengeance of the Phoenix Sisters. Rescued and brought up separately after gangsters murder their parents, three sisters seek revenge. One Mulan-style cross-dressed woman warrior is so handsome her sisters compete for her affections before they all recognize each other. Directed by the editor of King Hu’s famous Dragon Inn and starring Taiwanese opera queen Yang Lihua in a role that helped to launch her film career.

According to the following short article, the 1968 Taiwanese Martial Arts film Vengeance of The Phoenix Sisters(1968), is one of many Taiwanese flicks to be be restored recently. This was done only last year, to celebrate the release of the first Taiwaense movie.

@NoKUNGFUforYU, have you heard of this MA production before?.

More here, Link- http://www.confuciusinstitute.ac.uk/announcements/taiwans-lost-commercial-cinemathurs-screenings-octnov-18-10/

Vengeance of The Phoenix Sisters(1968)

Vengeance-of-the-Phoenix-Sisters-1968_st

Vengeance-of-the-Phoenix-Sisters-1968_st

Source of the images, were you can also download PDF notes on this film and others, Link- https://taiyupian.uk/the-films/

• Like 4

Thanks for the link, it' an interesting article !

I don't know if it's the same people who did it, no if this movie was in holo language, but they also recently restored Storm over the Yang Tse RIver, with Li Lihua and Peter Yang Kwan.

There's no indication in the article wether they'll also release the restored movies to dvd or not...Wang and Liu Tour and The bride from Hell already had dvds releases from Hoker.

I was excited when I read the title " Husband's secret ", believing that it was the Shaws' movie with Peter Chen Ho and Pat Ting Hung, but it'sd actually an other title for Chang Meiyao's movie " Wrong love". As a fan of Chang Meiyao's too, I would be interested to get this movie too...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

According to the following short article, the 1968 Taiwanese Martial Arts film Vengeance of The Phoenix Sisters(1968), is one of many Taiwanese flicks to be be restored recently. This was done only last year, to celebrate the release of the first Taiwaense movie.

@NoKUNGFUforYU, have you heard of this MA production before?.

It was on youtube months (years ? ) ago, but in poor quality and in several parts. I remember that Sheng or maybe another member had helped to tell me the title because I was unable to find any information with only the Chinese characters title...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Thanks for the link, it' an interesting article !

I don't know if it's the same people who did it, no if this movie was in holo language, but they also recently restored Storm over the Yang Tse RIver, with Li Lihua and Peter Yang Kwan.

There's no indication in the article wether they'll also release the restored movies to dvd or not...Wang and Liu Tour and The bride from Hell already had dvds releases from Hoker.

I was excited when I read the title " Husband's secret ", believing that it was the Shaws' movie with Peter Chen Ho and Pat Ting Hung, but it'sd actually an other title for Chang Meiyao's movie " Wrong love". As a fan of Chang Meiyao's too, I would be interested to get this movie too...

Hi @ShawAngela, no problem, just sutmbled across these two articles, while web-surfing this morning.

Thanks for the additional information, in regards to restored films, maybe it would be worth emailing them?, suggesting DVD/BR release. Not that the current climate, is the best for releasing these movies, maybe they should look at limited run?, for collectors.

18 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

It was on youtube months (years ? ) ago, but in poor quality and in several parts. I remember that Sheng or maybe another member had helped to tell me the title because I was unable to find any information with only the Chinese characters title...

If you click on the link below the black and white stills, it takes you to site, where you can access PF notes, on each of the films listed. I think VOFTPS, is the only restored MA movie, listed n the site?. Never heard of it being on YT before.

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU

I have it, need to watch it all the way through, too bad it wasn't in color! Crispy photography, good action, only lacking the color.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I have it, need to watch it all the way through, too bad it wasn't in color! Crispy photography, good action, only lacking the color.

Thanks for the feedback.

Is that an early example of a white long haired main villian, in the pictures I posted?.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

They have had those white haired dudes for a while, probably since the early films from what I can tell.

Sure Kwan Tak Hing must have fought one, in one of those old Wong Fei Hung pictures.

Those were all filmed in H.K right?.