One Piece manga to be live action series

Koravec

The One Piece manga will be adapted into a live action American series. Manga writer Eiichirō Oda has approved the project and will supervise it. To be produced by Marty Adelstein (Prison BreakTeen Wolf) through Tomarrow Studios. Not much is known about the project yet.

“I’ve been a fan of ‘One Piece’ for 20 years . . . I will do everything in my power to make the ‘One Piece’ TV series an absolute success. While I expect this to be one of the most expensive shows ever done in television, the worldwide interest is tremendous and will be well worth the financial commitment.” -Adelstein

Tomarrow Studios will also adapt anime series, Cowboy Bebop, into a live action series as well

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They better do right! That's all I'm going to say...if Oda-san is supervising, I will keep my fingers crossed.

This isn't from the live action One Piece series, but it's too cute not to include here.  "The job search engine Indeed paired up with One Piece for a commercial that premiered [in Japan] on December 31.  The ad stars the Straw Hat Pirates as they sing a little sea shanty about the site while staring out at the stormy sea.  The ad stars model Takum Saitoh as Luffy, actor Hiroyuki Ikeunchi as Zoro, model Rika Izumi as Nami, Daigo of the comedy duo Chidori as Usopp, and actor Yosuke Kubozuka as Sanji."  More at https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-02/live-action-one-piece-job-search-ad-finds-the-perfect-cast/.141567   Here's the ad - 

Another One Piece live action ad for Indeed, this time focusing on the swordsman Zoro, who complains, "I haven't been using my katana much lately." The others turn around to stare at him, while Usopp dashes off-screen. The ad concludes by indicating that there is a job opening for a "person who is slashed by Zoro."  From   https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-02-09/live-action-one-piece-job-search-ad-focuses-on-unemployed-zoro/.143030  

Archived