Goldstone: Aaron Pederson, Jackie Weaver, Michelle Lim Davidson (2018)

DragonClaws

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plot of Goldstone (an Aussie neo-noir thriller) - "Indigenous Detective Jay Swan arrives in the frontier town of Goldstone on a missing persons inquiry. What seems like a simple light duty investigation opens a web of crime and corruption. Jay must pull his life together and bury his differences with young local cop Josh, so together they can bring justice to Goldstone."  Cast includes Aaron Pedersen (Mystery Road, an earlier Detective Jay Swan movie), Alex Russell (Carrie, 2013 version), Cheng Pei-Pei (Come Drink With Me, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon), Jacki Weaver (Picnic at Hanging Rock), David Wenham (Faramir in Lord of the Rings), David Gulpilil (Walkabout, Crocodile Dundee, Rabbit-Proof Fence), Michelle Lim Davidson (Utopia TV series, Top of the Lake TV series), Tommy Lewis (We of the Never Never), and Max Cullen (X-Men Origins: Wolverine).  The movie was written and directed by Ivan Sen (Mystery Road).  Goldstone gets a US release on Blu-ray from Lightyear Entertainment on August 28, 2018.  http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Goldstone-Blu-ray/203359/

I'm interested to see this, especially because I became a fan of Aaron Pedersen after his insane villain turn in Killing Ground

Beautiful cinematography, a haunting score, good story, great performances, I loved every minute of it. An outstanding drama... highly recommended!

Archived