Unreleased HKL Titles

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

Remember when HKL had intended to release so many Seasonal titles back in the day, including but not limited to

Snuff Bottle Connection (1979)

Secret Rivals (1976)

Secret Rivals II (1977)

Dance of the Drunk Mantis (1980)

HKL had intentions to release so many more HK movies but the company was losing money and so these were cancelled. All these movies are FUCKING CLASSICS but they all got some really shitty releases which usually used only cut German prints with English dubbed only audio or crappy dubtitles.

Just a reminder of what might have been...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheKungFuRobber
15 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

I just bought the Soulblade DVD of Secret Rivals, is that a cut version also?

It's uncut as far as I know.

The Soulblade DVD isn't even a bad master to be honest, source print is in good shape and is from Hong Kong but it would be good if we could get a BD release. I also feel that the print is rather scratchy for being remastered at times, which really doesn't bother me in the slightest but not good practice and certainly something HKL would have addressed. The cover artwork is complete shite, could Soulblade not hire a better graphic artist?

NoKUNGFUforYU

It's too bad some of these independents don't get a screening. That was an epic movie back in 1978 or 79 in Chinatown on Cinemascope. My friend and I were jacked after we saw that!

TheKungFuRobber
10 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

It's too bad some of these independents don't get a screening. That was an epic movie back in 1978 or 79 in Chinatown on Cinemascope. My friend and I were jacked after we saw that!

It is especially when you consider that Secret Rivals wasn’t an independent at all, are Seasonal Films archivists really so incompetent?

Archived