Equalizer 2: Denzil Washington, Melissa Leo (2018)

DragonClaws

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of a slow burn at times. So full of cliches that its almost impressive, one after another. The entire movie is a giant cliche. I just watched the first a few days ago for the first time before going into this one. If you loved the first, then you'll at least like this one Id think, but the plot and conflict are pretty cliche in my opinion, like I said. I enjoyed it. I love seeing Denzel kill people in these movies, and also how safe the good people 'usually' seem to be. Would I watch a third? Probably, not sure, the shtick gets a bit tired in this one, not a big fan of some of the directions they went.

Just watched this movie this morning when no one was around (i hate crowded movie theaters, especially when, sorry for the language, assholes always want to hype themselves up over a movie lol), and got the tickets for cheap ($6.50 per adult at AMC which is a no-brainer). I wanted to see MI:F but I decided to save it for tomorrow.

This movie was badass. Now I know what y'all are gonna say. This movie is simple, etc etc, which is okay. I don't go into any action movie expecting something with a crazy plot, as long as I enjoy it. And that's what I got with this. McCall is a great character, and goes out of his merry way to save the people around him, young and old (you'll get what I mean once you see this). The fight scenes are great, and it's wonderful to see the monsters that do heinous acts, get what they deserve. This movie was straight JKD and Kali, which was what made it great for me. Usually Americanized action flicks have ass fight scenes (*cough cough* Furious 7), but this movie actually did great. I'll stick around for a third one :)

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
3 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

Just watched this movie this morning when no one was around (i hate crowded movie theaters, especially when, sorry for the language, assholes always want to hype themselves up over a movie lol), and got the tickets for cheap ($6.50 per adult at AMC which is a no-brainer). I wanted to see MI:F but I decided to save it for tomorrow.

This movie was badass. Now I know what y'all are gonna say. This movie is simple, etc etc, which is okay. I don't go into any action movie expecting something with a crazy plot, as long as I enjoy it. And that's what I got with this. McCall is a great character, and goes out of his merry way to save the people around him, young and old (you'll get what I mean once you see this). The fight scenes are great, and it's wonderful to see the monsters that do heinous acts, get what they deserve. This movie was straight JKD and Kali, which was what made it great for me. Usually Americanized action flicks have ass fight scenes (*cough cough* Furious 7), but this movie actually did great. I'll stick around for a third one :)

Your review sounds very similar to what my son said about the film. We almost went to see this last night after M:I: FALLOUT, but I had to pass as I have too much work to do. Hoping to catch it while it's still in theaters though.

Well this was the highlight of my week so far. Badass is the word, Denzel's charizma sizzles onscreen and the violence is really pumped up a notch - some of the takedowns here are brutal. Yes the story and some of the characters are simplistic, but you know what? Sometimes it's cathartic to see a good person doing very bad things to evil people. Robert McCall is actually one of the easiest protagonists to root for because he's just so damn likeable. I won't spoil anything else but suffice to say that if you like seeing Denzel in Badass mode going all out against the scum of society, you'll be a very happy cinemagoer.

So much weaker than 1st. Although in end of first movie lot of McCalls past was left in mystery and in the end he revealed himself as solve for problems I was still very disbelieving when saw him as

Spoiler

mullah in other side of world doing rescue mission, and that was not even good 15 mins for opening.

Lot cliches indeed, while protecting fellow citizens already done in pt1 directing younger "brother" out from dangerous waters was bit too corny. Some action was great but if I ever watch this again it was to find out why

Spoiler

lady was killed

, lost concentration for long moments completely and paid zero attention to dialogue.

While in prequel things were predictable for most part it was still great, this was not.

This was above average for me but nothing fantastic. Weirdly, I found myself enjoying the more dramatic notes despite wanting an all-out action film. It balanced concepts pretty well. I wish there was more action or that the action sequences were longer but I find myself forgiving the film more than I usually would.

A good sequel but, again, it didn't blow my balls off.

Archived