Kid's Ace In The Hole (1979) - 1080p HD

TheKungFuRobber

TheKungFuRobber

John Liu Classic, straight from Golden Sun Films (who apparently still has the rights to this film and remastered prints).

In Mandarin with no subtitles. Maybe some day these are gonna get a bluray.

http://www.goldensunfilm.com/en/

They have a catalogue of movies which are availible, possibly in the form of DCO's for lease to companies?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
11 hours ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

John Liu Classic, straight from Golden Sun Films (who apparently still has the rights to this film and remastered prints).

In Mandarin with no subtitles. Maybe some day these are gonna get a bluray.

This is good news, appreciate your posting about here @TheKungFuRobber.

Stupid question. The song that plays during the opening credits, I know it’s probably from some spaghetti western, and it’s been used in a bunch of Kung fu movies. Does anyone know which western it’s originally from, or the name of the song? It’s a great song. 

Killer Meteor
1 hour ago, Jay Stone said:

Stupid question. The song that plays during the opening credits, I know it’s probably from some spaghetti western, and it’s been used in a bunch of Kung fu movies. Does anyone know which western it’s originally from, or the name of the song? It’s a great song. 

It's Ennio Morricone's theme to "The Big Gundown"

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

wow,these chinese broadcasters love their watermarks  :wondering

I had a look at Golden Sun's website and they have an interesting range of titles. I know the recent HD (and DVNRed to high heaven) transfer of MASTER WITH CRACK FINGERS comes from them.

Omni Dragon
2 hours ago, Jay Stone said:

48 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

It's Ennio Morricone's theme to "The Big Gundown"

TheKungFuRobber

Master with Cracked Fingers had an excellent transfer for what is essentially a cut and paste movie. It's worth picking up the blu ray just for the parts with young Jackie Chan. Not a bad film all in all, there are much worse ones out there.

Best version to pick up for general watching would be my custom, which has the Mandarin version with English subtitles and the English dubbed version, along with the Rarescope DVD which has the original film in it's unabridged form, although the cut and paste version has some stuff tacked on with Yuen Siu Tien and Kwan Young Moon, which is the version I grew up with so for me watching the original version on the Rarescope disc feels strange.

I'd like to do a custom blu ray some day, but there are much better movies out there which deserve a better version.

HyperDrive

A really nice find. It seems like that company likes Yukari Oshima the most though.

The reason it has a watermark is because I think the youtube poster ripped it off television judging from her channel.  The fact that these classics are just playing all day long on Chinese TV means they must still be fairly popular over there contrary to some reports.

Archived