Orochi: The Eight Headed Dragon

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I watched the trailer for this on my Daimajin DVD. It looked like it was a very fun flick!! My 8 year old son loves watching the Godzilla movies on SciFi and immediately said "Dad, we have to get that!!". I dont own any "rubbersuit" monster flicks, but I do enjoy watching them with my boys. Can anybody who has seen it give me a reccomendation for this one?? THX.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest venoms5

OROCHI is the retitling of the 1994 Toho picture YAMATO TAKERU. It was originally supposed to be part of a trilogy but because the film performed below expectations, plans for two sequels were scrapped. If you enjoy films such as JASON & THE ARGONAUTS, the SINBAD trilogy or CLASH OF THE TITANS you will definitely want to check this out. It's an enjoyable Saturday Matinee style movie complete with sword fights, giant monsters, and flashy special effects. Hilights include the battle with the Kamaso War God, a giant volcanic monster who can morph his arms into a giant bow and arrow and the finale where the hero changes into a giant MAJIN type creature to combat the 8 headed Dragon. A very enjoyable retro-style adventure. BTW AD Vision added the english dub along with the Japanese original and they haven't meddled with the credits either apart from the english title OROCHI appearing in small letters below the main title.

Archived