Who is this?

greenbamboo

DragonClaws

Thats a very good question @greenbamboo, with this picture taken in Han's trophy room, did she visit the set with Wong Sheung Leung? or one of his students?. When they were doing screen tests on the set?. Or maybe the Little Dragon auditioned some female fighters on the set too?. He had access to that particualr set, long after filming stopped, who knows just how many people dropped by to see him etc. As far as I know she doesnt appear on-screen in ETD, as one of Tania's/Han's ladies??.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

greenbamboo

Yes well spotted. Wong Shun Leung screentest for GAME on Enter the Dragon set April 1973. Looks like this lady was doing a screentest too.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
8 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

She looks familiar...

I got the same feeling, but I don't think she had a starring role in a film?.

7 minutes ago, greenbamboo said:

Yes well spotted. Wong Shun Leung screentest for GAME on Enter the Dragon set April 1973. Looks like this lady was doing a screentest too.

Thanks dude, sure there's more footage/stills from that screen test out there. It appears the BL clips from that screentest, featured in BL The Man The Legend, were cut out?. With only a brief couple of seconds left in, of Lee hitting one of Wong's student?.

Is the above image cropped @greenbamboo?.

• Like 2

greenbamboo

Yes cropped. It was posted on facebook so it's not mine. I only want to identify the woman. I talked to Wan Kam Leung via email years back and he said they filmed for 2 or 3 days so that suggests a lot more footage was shot.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
18 minutes ago, greenbamboo said:

Yes cropped. It was posted on facebook so it's not mine. I only want to identify the woman. I talked to Wan Kam Leung via email years back and he said they filmed for 2 or 3 days so that suggests a lot more footage was shot.

Thanks, would you mind posting a link to the FaceBook page?.

Robert Clouse also confirmed in his book the Making Of ETD, that Lee went on filming in the hall of mirrors set too, before the set was torn down. Though he might have got it mixed up with the Hans trophy room experiment?.

Nice to see you on the forums.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

greenbamboo

Thanks still come here for your expert kung fu film help :) Remember when I got Irene Ryder (screentest pics) from years back on this very forum.

• Like 1

shaw golden

Her nickname is something like Susan Yam Yam Shaw and she does resemble Helen Poon, didnt know she was on Enter the Dragon set ?, most her film career was at shaw brothers, thats where she adapted the name from

SiuYamYam-15-b.jpg

Edited by shaw golden
  • Like 3

greenbamboo

You guys never let me down. Well done, excellent work. I agree it looks like Susan Yam Yam Shaw.

HKCinemagic : Tell me how you get started in the film business?
Shaw Yum Yum: I used to work on a ship. I worked for the father of Tong Chih Wah. I worked as the nurse of the ship. One of my friends worked for Golden Harvest. At that time, they were hiring many Koreans and Japanese kung fu actors. My friend brought me to watch Bruce Lee's shoot. Lee saw me and asked Lor Kuan Chung, “I want that girl in my film.” He pointed at me. So Lor Kuan Chung asked me to do a screen test, my first film was Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon. So Golden Harvest arranged it for me. That's how I quit my job and entered the film industry. Unfortunately, he died weeks afterwards so nobody looked after me. I was looking to be a movie star because of Bruce Lee. I believed it was my destiny.

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/page.asp?aid=224&page=1

Edited by greenbamboo
  • Like 5

DragonClaws
15 hours ago, greenbamboo said:

Remember when I got Irene Ryder (screentest pics) from years back on this very forum.

I wanst on this forum at that time, I remember those pictures turning up on a long since defunct Frnech site back in the early noughties.

• Like 1

That's strange that she says her first movie was Enter the dragon : it's not mentioned in her filmography, and she isn't listed in the cast of this movie, while " Unknown Shaw Brothers' actors " are mentioned...

Sorry, my " Sherlock Holmes  spirit " comes again...:bs_coveredlaugh:

• Like 2

DragonClaws
8 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

That's strange that she says her first movie was Enter the dragon : it's not mentioned in her filmography, and she isn't listed in the cast of this movie, while " Unknown Shaw Brothers' actors " are mentioned...

Maybe her memorys a bit hazy?, its a long time ago, she could could have mixed up the screentest, with a part in that film?. Unless they did give her minor role as an extra?.

46 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Maybe her memorys a bit hazy?, its a long time ago, she could could have mixed up the screentest, with a part in that film?. Unless they did give her minor role as an extra?.

Maybe she was 1 of the girls on the motorbike that delivered the invitations to fight in Hans Tournamnet,which was cut from released version?

• Like 1

DragonClaws
12 minutes ago, thehangman said:

Maybe she was 1 of the girls on the motorbike that delivered the invitations to fight in Hans Tournamnet,which was cut from released version?

Another possibility, that she was one of the women handing out invites, or another such cut scene.

Good suggestion @thehangman.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

greenbamboo

I don't think she is in ENTER as this was filmed in April after ENTER had wrapped.  Warners crew had left HK at the end of March and Bruce directed the last scene filmed in April for the film vs Sammo. Wong Shun Leung was doing a screentest for GAME on the ENTER set at the time of these shots.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, greenbamboo said:

Warners crew had left HK at the end of March and Bruce directed the last scene filmed in April for the film vs Sammo. Wong Shun Leung was doing a screentest for GAME on the ENTER set at the time of these shots.

Guess she just got ETD and G.O.D mixed up? it was a long time ago for someone that must be past retirement age now?. Sad to hear that she lost her champion, in the form of Bruce Lee. I wonder how many other careers might have florished more, had he lived.

• Like 2

greenbamboo

News gets out quick. shaw golden got the name 23 hours ago. That name was then posted 18 hours ago on that Japanese blog. The photos were posted on a BL facebook group I'm a member of.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
7 hours ago, greenbamboo said:

News gets out quick. shaw golden got the name 23 hours ago. That name was then posted 18 hours ago on that Japanese blog. The photos were posted on a BL facebook group I'm a member of.

Did anyone credit you for the original post?, and which Japanese blog are you referring to?.

greenbamboo

The blog link is posted above. I don't mind but the name Susan Yam Yam Shaw first happened in this thread when I was searching for it. Credit goes to shaw golden for the name. Thanks everyone for your great help.

Edited by greenbamboo
  • Like 2