The Shaw Brothers Van & Other Related Randomness

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

Shaw Brothers playing cards, pointed out to me by @morpheus, who posted them in the following thread.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

My card deck packing looks different from the one linked in the other thread but the cards are the same.

Beverage coasters, front and back.

I also got 2 little jigsaw puzzles, I'm too lazy to puzzle them today but will post them in a few. 

DSC_0796.JPG

DSC_0798.JPG

DSC_0799.JPG

• Like 5

DragonClaws
On 7/8/2019 at 8:39 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

My card deck packing looks different from the one linked in the other thread but the cards are the same.

Beverage coasters, front and back.

I also got 2 little jigsaw puzzles, I'm too lazy to puzzle them today but will post them in a few. 

Hi @Chu Liu Hsiang, somehow I managed to miss your post earlier in the week.

Thanks for sharing your stuff here on the forum's, this i the thread for any content that doesnt fit elshwere. It's also saved me from starting multiple random threads for each post.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 9:39 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

DSC_0798.JPG

DSC_0799.JPG

I'm awfully jealous !!!

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 3

DragonClaws

This just has to be Shaw Borther's studios?.

2c7121_f349992232b9439392bbde5de4d8ba70~

Alex Ben Block (on the right) touring a movie studio in Hong Kong in 1973 while researching his international bestseller, "The Legend Of Bruce Lee," which went on to sell over 4 million copies in nine international editions

Source- https://www.blockandtackle.biz/single-post/2018/06/11/Bruce-Lee-Me-And-A-Great-New-Book

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 7/12/2019 at 4:38 PM, ShawAngela said:

I'm awfully jealous !!!

I was happily surprised when my "shaw dealer" added them to one of my orders back in the days. I always wondered if Celestial released more of them but was not able to detect any so far. Seems yesasia was selling them at some point https://www.yesasia.com/global/two-shaw-brothers-coasters-chor-yuen-chow-sing-chi/1005144150-0-0-0-en/info.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I was happily surprised when my "shaw dealer" added them to one of my orders back in the days. I always wondered if Celestial released more of them but was not able to detect any so far. Seems yesasia was selling them at some point https://www.yesasia.com/global/two-shaw-brothers-coasters-chor-yuen-chow-sing-chi/1005144150-0-0-0-en/info.html

Yes, but they are out of stock since I have begun to use Yesasia in 2010, so, I guess that as soon as they released them, they have been bought by fans at once...

There are also some Shaw Brothers' bags shown on yesasia, but I never saw them available either...

• Like 3

DragonClaws

Un-released Shaw Brothers action-figure series.

The Shaw Brothers – Fully Articulated 7″ Figures
NECA at one time planned to release a series of figures based on iconic Chinese “Kung Fu” cinema. The Shaw Brothers series would have been based on films such as 36th Chamber of the Shaolin, The 8-Diagram Pole Fighter, and Kid with the Golden Arm and would have included Liy Yu-Te (San Te), Yang #6, and Hai Ta. Sadly, the line never made it to shelves as retailers seemed to lack interest in carrying them.
* New York Comic Con 2008 image courtesy of Parry Game Preserve

Source- https://news.toyark.com/2016/01/19/unreleased-neca-figures-look-might-188132

NECA-Shaw-Brothers-Unreleased-2.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Is this of any help?.

Link- https://www.teepublic.com/tote/3562719-shaw-brothers

3562719_0.jpg

Thank you very much for the link.

You can see the bags and also other collectibles on the following page on yesasia :

https://www.yesasia.com/global/search-collectibles/shaw-brothers/0-0-0-q.shaw+brothers_bpt.48_sea.1_ss.109_bt.48-en/list.html

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Un-released Shaw Brothers action-figure series.

The Shaw Brothers – Fully Articulated 7″ Figures
NECA at one time planned to release a series of figures based on iconic Chinese “Kung Fu” cinema. The Shaw Brothers series would have been based on films such as 36th Chamber of the Shaolin, The 8-Diagram Pole Fighter, and Kid with the Golden Arm and would have included Liy Yu-Te (San Te), Yang #6, and Hai Ta. Sadly, the line never made it to shelves as retailers seemed to lack interest in carrying them.
* New York Comic Con 2008 image courtesy of Parry Game Preserve

Source- https://news.toyark.com/2016/01/19/unreleased-neca-figures-look-might-188132

NECA-Shaw-Brothers-Unreleased-2.jpg

What a pity !!

• Like 2

DragonClaws

9 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I'm usually not that much into marketing/ collecting but in case of Shaw ... I WANT IT ALL :D

Even this item @Chu Liu Hsiang?.

(Damsel in distress sold seperately)

45099216_2263036940641769_67600201816211

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:
11 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I'm usually not that much into marketing/ collecting but in case of Shaw ... I WANT IT ALL :D

45099216_2263036940641769_67600201816211

:monk_laughing::bs_laughing:

I love your "damsel in distress sold separately" !!!

• Like 3

DragonClaws

12 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I love your "damsel in distress sold separately" !!!

I was gong to sayit would look good on top of a fan's T.V, only screens are all so flat now. That you cant stand anything on them anyway.

Source- https://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2017/07/classic-tokusatstu-toys-for-super.html

SUPER+INFRAMAN+SKELETON+SPECTRE+SOFT+VIN

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I was gong to sayit would look good on top of a fan's T.V, only screens are all so flat now. That you cant stand anything on them anyway.

How true you are !!

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 7/18/2019 at 9:30 PM, DragonClaws said:

Oh well, exceptions prove the rule :D 

On 7/18/2019 at 9:30 PM, DragonClaws said:

Hahaha!

That's so true about the tv screens. There are frame thingies one can put them into, so one can put stuff on that frame but it's not the same. 

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

I hope as much as possible will be preserved but reluctantly understand the urgent need of place for construction. The compromise seems to be more than we could have hoped for  some years ago.

• Like 3

DragonClaws

A General View of the Now Derelict Shaw Brothers Movie City in Clearwater Bay Sai Kung District New Territories Hong Kong China 29 October 2015 Despite the Site Being Designated a Grade 1 Historical Site by Hong Kong's Antiquities Advisory Board This is not Enough to Save It From Property Developers who Want to Redevelop the Site Into a High Rise Residential Complex in Its Heyday Movie City was Considered to Be the Worlds Largest Privately Owned Movie Production Studio with Around 23 Buildings Laid out Across the 46 Acre Site Movie City Churned out More Than a Thousand Films in 1960's and 1970's Including Many Cult Classic Kung Fu Flicks Such As 'The 36th Chamber of Shaolin' China Hong Kong

China Hong Kong Shaw Brothers Movie City - Oct 2015

Source- https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/image-editorial/china-hong-kong-shaw-brothers-movie-city-oct-2015-7929918k

china-hong-kong-shaw-brothers-movie-city

china-hong-kong-shaw-brothers-movie-city

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Note this poster is not for an up-coming event, it's from 2015.

21091980348_24700ff245_b.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1