TVP martial arts movies releases

Shaolin Patriot

13 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

You were too excited about news to read post carefully. As @Yihetuan wrote, those are for March. It`s been years since TVP announced they were doing new scan with Filmart and was waiting for this but me too disappointed with lack of english subs. Hopefully they will be featured anyway or have to think just stay with tvp 2012 release too like Salty.

Yes, I am also hoping the English subs will be added surreptitiously to avoid any issues with their licensing agreement with Celestial. I noticed one of the "new" supplementary features is audio commentary by Mike Leeder and Arnie Venema. So one can just listen to the English commentary.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

• Administrator
On 2/3/2023 at 8:49 PM, Yihetuan said:

TVP's been quiet but they finally announced two releases for March. The New One Armed Swordsman mediabook that corrects the frame cut errors of their original 2021 release

schwert-des-gelben-tigers-wattiert-mediabook-a.jpg

OneArmed_mbwatte_aussenbezug-Cover1-pre.jpg

This will be a major improvement over their original release, which was already easily the best, most complete release of the film.

On 2/4/2023 at 7:03 AM, saltysam said:

is New One Armed Swordsman going to have english subs?

I've heard that it will. But I guess we;\'ll have to wait and see.

On 2/4/2023 at 7:05 AM, saltysam said:

Answered my own question, saw the rear cover , german subs only :smile will have to stick with my original TVP release.

I'm not too sure that's correct.

On 2/4/2023 at 7:15 AM, ShawAngela said:

I love the red mediabook of David Chiang's movie, it's better than the blue one, for me, though blue is my favorite color !

Thanks! :bigsmile:

On 2/4/2023 at 7:27 AM, ChillyChong said:

You were too excited about news to read post carefully. As @Yihetuan wrote, those are for March. It`s been years since TVP announced they were doing new scan with Filmart and was waiting for this but me too disappointed with lack of english subs. Hopefully they will be featured anyway or have to think just stay with tvp 2012 release too like Salty.

On 2/4/2023 at 8:25 PM, Yihetuan said:

It's a shame that. I believe the original TVP release also had the English dub but my memory could be mistaken.

On 2/4/2023 at 8:26 PM, Yihetuan said:

Yes, I am also hoping the English subs will be added surreptitiously to avoid any issues with their licensing agreement with Celestial. I noticed one of the "new" supplementary features is audio commentary by Mike Leeder and Arnie Venema. So one can just listen to the English commentary.

No promises, but I'm fairly certain this will include English subs.

This is an exciting one for me as TVP's original release of NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN was my introduction to this great company and the extremely cool dudes that run it. So getting to do the cover art for this one- also a film I'm crazy about- is a wonderful full circle situation. I'm very interested to hear @Mike Leeder and Arne Venema's audio commentary too. Tell me the BTS info on this one, guys. :nerd:

Anyway, if it's confirmed (soon hopefully) about English subs we can mention this back in the "English-Friendly German Releases" thread.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KUNG FU BOB said:
On 2/4/2023 at 1:15 PM, ShawAngela said:

I love the red mediabook of David Chiang's movie, it's better than the blue one, for me, though blue is my favorite color !

Thanks! :bigsmile:

Of course, I should have realized that this cover was nothing but yours !! Congratulations for this great work, I really love it !

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Chu Liu Hsiang

I'm not a double/triple/etc buyer by default but this movie is special to me bc I like it a lot AND it was the first Shaw movie I've seen and got me into a persisting Shaw craze AND it has Ti Lung and David Chiang and I'll definitely gladly buy it.

• Like 5

thundered mantis

I ordered the Lethal Panther german release, I´m confident it´s real HD. Have been refraining on the Bruce Li films ´cause they are the same price as The Sword and they are promoted the same way (new remaster 2k limited edition). Will wait for screenshots for those...

Drunken Monk
4 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

image.thumb.png.4edbe8c157fe065f58b7d1f1a6ed84bf.png

Final cut

German

Mandarin with German subs

Mandarin with English subs

image.thumb.png.ddfb6be03ccd66b826964e9135007c62.png

I'm so glad! Mine's on the way and I was a little worried it wouldn't have English subs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

image.thumb.png.4edbe8c157fe065f58b7d1f1a6ed84bf.png

Final cut

German

Mandarin with German subs

Mandarin with English subs

image.thumb.png.ddfb6be03ccd66b826964e9135007c62.png

Yessssssssss  ! And the picture looks brilliant  !!

• Like 2

On 3/11/2023 at 8:00 AM, Super Ninja said:

So is this the best available release at the moment?

Yes by a long shot since they fixed the frame cuts and this runs 10 minutes longer than the Celestial print.

On 3/11/2023 at 3:15 AM, Ah_Tao said:

@Chu Liu HsiangHow would you rate the quality on this? I really wanna get it but still feel discouraged after getting that crappy American Shaolin Blu ray release.

I have the previous version from TVP and the quality is fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to pick this "new" final cut version if I were you.

• Like 4

Super Ninja
16 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Yes by a long shot since they fixed the frame cuts and this runs 10 minutes longer than the Celestial print.

Thanks! I'm gonna have to get it then.

• Like 3

On 3/10/2023 at 9:05 PM, Yihetuan said:

I have the previous version from TVP and the quality is fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to pick this "new" final cut version if I were you.

Awesome I'll pick it up next 😊

• Like 3

On 3/13/2023 at 2:06 AM, Ah_Tao said:

Awesome I'll pick it up next 😊

TVP and Film Art releases are generally very good. Cargo and their various sub-labels are iffy bootlegs with their false claims of "brand" new remasters.

Speaking of TVP, as reported previously their next title is Monkey Kung Fu and they posted they are working on it now.

331788697_240517968323765_1637750162315392692_n.jpg

• Like 4

Only disappointing release i can recall from Filmart was Wu Tang Magic Kick DVD, which was pretty poor. Cargo it's a lottery, best get reviews before buying.

• Like 4

Looks like Monkey Kung Fu wil be the last release from TVP as they have nothing else planned for future release.

Screenshot_2023-05-22 TVP - The Vengeance Pack Facebook.png

• Like 2

osbournecox
11 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Looks like Monkey Kung Fu wil be the last release from TVP as they have nothing else planned for future release.

Screenshot_2023-05-22 TVP - The Vengeance Pack Facebook.png

well, they say "at the moment", so maybe something will come up in the more distant future..?

• Like 3

Monkey Kung Fu mediabook will be released on September 21st and will feature 3 cover variants each limited to 333 copies. Up for pre-order now.

Mediabook-613641.jpg

Mediabook-613642.jpg

Hurra_die_Knochenbrecher_sind_da_Galerie_Mediabook_Cover_A.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 2:09 AM, lastninja said:

Preordered. :smile

What exactly is the "TVP-Version" which is part of the extras?

Unfortunately this is one of the titles that TVP did not add English subtitles. It's a crapshoot with these Celestial licensed Shaw Brothers releases due to licensing agreements. I had someone verify that this title is indeed not English friendly.

• Like 2