The Last Master's (20??) Hollywood/China Co-Production

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

From Film Combat Syndicate

Watchmen and upcoming Superfly remake scribe Alex Tse is penning the screenplay for the film, billed as a martial arts action thriller that follows three generations of fighters who team up to take down an international criminal organization emboldened by big pharma and powerful drug kingpins.

For more on this production, click on the link below for the full Deadline article.

Global Road, Lorenzo Di Bonaventura Team For ‘The Last Masters’ U.S.-China Thriller 

Link- http://deadline.com/2018/04/the-last-masters-global-road-lorenzo-di-bonaventura-china-co-production-1202360718/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

The only up-date on this project so far, is the addition of Alex Tse as the movies writer. Tse is a producer/riter who has worked on Watchmen, Sucker Free City and the recent Superfly re-boot.

Well, they will need more than a decent writer. It`s just hard for me to believe that a co-production between Hollywood and China are going to amount to anything worthwhile. They haven't in the past and now both are at their worse. This will probably be a marriage of shit and shit. But, lest me guess, Yuen Woo-ping will be hired as fight choreographer as that is probably the only choreographer they know of by name. Right? What`s sad is that these days I end every sentence with "I hope I`m wrong about this...", but, I end up not being. 

DragonClaws
5 hours ago, reason108 said:

Well, they will need more than a decent writer. It`s just hard for me to believe that a co-production between Hollywood and China are going to amount to anything worthwhile. They haven't in the past and now both are at their worse. This will probably be a marriage of shit and shit. But, lest me guess, Yuen Woo-ping will be hired as fight choreographer as that is probably the only choreographer they know of by name. Right? What`s sad is that these days I end every sentence with "I hope I`m wrong about this...", but, I end up not being. 

I get what you are saying, but it's still early days, the whole project might fall part yet.

This English/Chin co-production was announced around the same time as The Last Master's.

a

Archived