What Concerts Have You Been To Recently?

Koravec

Saw Gwar. Openers included Napalm Death and Eyehategod. Didnt realize Eyehategod were that old, and Gwar and Napalm Death neither have any original members from their conception apparently.

Gwar played the same venue just a year or two ago when I thought they were dumb, but have since come around to them. They’re still dumb, but its some cool shit, good music, great costumes, fun stuff. Kept trying to imagine the creatures being real and whatnot and man do they look cool in their gigantic costumed glory. What a classic iconic band, that also dont appear to age on stage because of the masks.

And they seriously dont hold back on the blood, I left the mosh pit halfway i to the show just so I could watch the band do their thing, after all theyre a performance band and I can mosh at any metal show. But if I had stayed in the pit the full show I would have been absolutely drenched more than I was, dont get me wrong my hair was soaking wet and I cranked the heat in my car because my shirt was damp all over too. But I wouldnt have left with a cool tie dyed shirt but an all purple slouching wet rag on.

• Like 2

Saw Playboi Carti, venue was at a college basketball court, first show Ive been to on a court like this which is common these days. 

The sound system was actually great, so it was an experience to hear this incredible production come through those speakers. Depending on where you were, mostly front head on bleachers, you could feel all the music pulsating through the seating, which was pretty awesome to experience.

• Like 3

Saw Danzig with opener Cradle of Filth. Danzig has still got it, that voice, wow. Such a iconic, unique croon that I still find it surprising to be coming out of a person. 

• Like 2

AlexanderFu

I saw a past their prime Iron Maiden at Barclays Center, Brooklyn a few years ago. That was my last concert to date No one I really want to see these days, unless we could exhume and re animate a couple of corpses. I was lucky to go to Lamours/Brooklyn way back in the day for some of the craziest Thrash/Death metal shows - Overkill with Nuclear Assault Then with Hades, then a triple bill with Bloodfeast and Carnivore. I saw Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour with Ozzy (Loudest yet, tripping my face off. Still remember it though!) Sabbath with Dio singing many times. Of all, I wish I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd with Ronnie singing and The Stones with Mick Taylor or even Brian Jones but alas, I was too young! Too young to see Frank Zappa (The Genius!), but I did see Zappa Plays Zappa....It wasn't the same :( Felt a bit empty inside without Frank.

• Like 2

saw Slipknot. always wanted to see them they  always fascinated me. I say “fascinate” because growing up and not being able to know much about them there was a lot of mystique around them for me

I cant say this was the slipknot show I was really wanting, the band has changed not as energetic or out there as they used to be but its still slipknot, so thankful I finally got to see them. Spent the show by the mosh pit which I thought was the only one, until I saw another camera angle from the back of the venue with a few different ones formed. I dont think corey’s last mask, the clear silicone one was utilized long enough, probably because there being so much criticism of the first version of it with the cheeks not flush with his face. along with the rest of the joker and sid wilson inspired outfit trench coat 

Walked into Cyprus hill playing which. Is super badass because I didnt even know they were opening. Ho99o9 was supposed to play too but a member was off for covid, really want to see them again (saw them open for ghostemane) super cool guys and live show. 

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 3

Koravec

A couple black metal shows recently 1349, Abbath, Spectral Wound. 

Then I saw Jacob Collier, wow what an amazing show to attend! Beautiful stage set, amazing performances. Amazing album Djesse vol 4 to be touring the songs off of. 

The only thing is he does this audience choir where he has the audience sing tones and conducts them. But it was like neverending, talk about an easy way to milk the clock if that was ever the intention lol. The problem is how it goes on song long and alll these people are mouthing the air like that, even in a big new open air venue, all these peoples breathes consuming all the air became disgusting, was like please make it stop… hahaa😷