Shaws' famous martial arts actors in their debuts

ShawAngela

I recently spotted Yueh Hua and Chen Hung Lieh in the dance scene at the end of the movie The Lotus Lamp, that is not even mentioned in their filmography as " cameo "...

It was so funny to see them in such  roles, while you know that they later would become such great and famous actors in martial arts movies !

Did you spot other big Shaws' stars in their debuts either in Shaws or other productions ?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoKUNGFUforYU

Fu Sheng in Man of Iron was one of the first. Then someone hipped me to the fact he played a drunken sailor in 4  Riders. Chen Kuan Tai in Vengeance and Boxer From Shantung. David Chiang in Winged Tiger. He has a tiny role in Winged Tiger, which makes me think the movie sat on the shelf for a long time and then was released in 1970. Chen Hung Lieh had furious output in Taiwan in cheapies, so I don't think they suddenly flew him out to do a one off. I think it was made a little after Come Drink with Me and shelved. Interestingly, Ti Lung started at the top, co starring right off the bat.

Actually, I was talking about non martial arts debuts.

David Chiang's debuts were as a child in several Shaws and Cathay's movies.

One can see him as a child together with his brother Chun Pui and his sister in the Shaws' The kingdom and the beauty.

Archived