Flying guillotine limited edition

ShawAngela

Just saw this on ebay, and for me it tastes very much like a bootleg from the front cover...It looks like "our good old " bonzai and look alike releases, except that it's mentioned IVL on the back cover...

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Flying-Guillotine-II-2-VG-DVD-Kung-Fu-Special-Limited-Edition-Shaw-Brothers/152962604022?hash=item239d481bf6:g:iP8AAOSwPedakv57

What's your opinion on this, Shaws' fans ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original Red Sun of Flying Guillotine 2 was a VHS rip, so this was probably the newer cover when they finally got a remastered version. I am not surprised they slapped the IVL logo on the back since everyone knew that Panmedia / Red Sun / Bonzai / Golden Dragon / Zuo Ci discs are bootlegs, they needed to use more deceptive tactics.

One Armed Boxer
4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

It looks like "our good old " bonzai and look alike releases

Indeed, the 'Shaolin Collection' label in the bottom right hand corner is the give away that it's a bootleg.

6 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Indeed, the 'Shaolin Collection' label in the bottom right hand corner is the give away that it's a bootleg.

Yep, was about to say the same thing.

Another give away is that on the back cover it states "0" subtitles and on the disc itself it states "CC" for closed captioning.

Is there a story behind Shaolin Video and Red Sun? I remember buying these from a bunch of malls for a good price years ago because there was no good alternative

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, Ah_Tao said:

Is there a story behind Shaolin Video and Red Sun? I remember buying these from a bunch of malls for a good price years ago because there was no good alternative

I was in the same boat at you until a bunch of people on this very forum told me the truth. I think it's one bloke running all those bootleg labels: Red Sun, Shaolin Video...I think Bonsai was another one. They were basically shitty rips (sometimes VHS) put out for dirt cheap because they probably cost about a dollar to make.

There are members on here that know far more than I do about this subject though.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Too bad that isn't one of the ones being shown on the big screen in the USA this year! Heads roll! Much better movie on the big screen. Hopefully, if all the showings sell out, it will make the next run. All you Europeans and so on need to ask your theaters about getting some of these shown. And not 36th Chamber or 5 Venoms. There is more to the Shaw Library/.

Archived