Red Cargo (2018)

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

It's not out yet but even talk of this one has fallen under my radar. Jeeja Yanin is set to star and Dan Chupong is also in the film. 

From what it sounds like (IMDB page here), the film is going to have a huge anti-rhino poaching message and will feature a combination of Muay Thai and Zulu-style martial arts. Here's the synopsis:

For the first time in history, a Zulu and Thailand culture clashes when the son of Lion slayer, Senzo, confronts a dangerous Thailand con man. Vitaya controls rhino poaching business and illegal diamond mines in the region, everything goes wrong when one of the local young boys steals one of his rhino horns. In search for it, his man kill Senzo's fiance. Hell breaks loose as the Zulu warrior can't let them get away with it without tasting his spear...

I'm a fan of Yanin and she hasn't really been center stage in a while. I'm hoping this is a welcoming return to her being a true martial arts star. 

• Like 4

DragonClaws
6 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

From what it sounds like (IMDB page here), the film is going to have a huge anti-rhino poaching message and will feature a combination of Muay Thai and Zulu-style martial arts.

Ths one sounds interesting to me, I was hoping BlackPanther would feature some Afircan Martial Arts influenced screen combat. However, it appears from what I've read, its more in the style of Hollywood Martial Arts action, with the usual riffs on the old Hong Kong style choreography. I've not yet watched BP, so I can only go on what its in the trialer, and reading peoples feedback/comments.

Sounds like this one will be shot in Africa too?, if thats the case, I hope they use some of the local independent film talent.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

If you read this recent interview with Jeeja Yanin, she says she knows absolutely nothing about this film. And yet there she is, above, at the press conference. Weird.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
4 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

If you read this recent interview with Jeeja Yanin, she says she knows absolutely nothing about this film. And yet there she is, above, at the press conference. Weird.

Whats happening there then?, it's a case for Muder & Scully, does Jeeja Yanin have a clone out there?, parrael universe shit going down?.

I wish I could say I'd like to follow this movie and its development but I'm not sure exactly what is there to follow

Well hopefully it does materialize because I'd watch it for sure

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I don't think JeeJa is in this movie at all. I think they she was promoting Monkey Twins and they got her in the photos somehow.

She's clearly dropped out of the movie (along with Chupong) from when it was first announced, but she was definitely originally attached, if you look at its cast list in the background of the photo you can see her name 'Yanin Vismitananada' -

On 1/21/2019 at 6:38 AM, DragonClaws said:

MV5BZDQ0OGU2ZjEtOWJhOS00NmMzLWE3MDItMmU2

• Like 3

thundered mantis

This one looks like they´ve taken images and scenes from different movies, or TV series, even documentaries or news, and tried to mix them with a couple of fights. They must be still looking for funds for the movie?

• Like 2

I'm guessing this is the movie? Simon Kook was now starring in it alongside Peter Pham and Into the Badlands' Sherman Augustus. The director recently wrapped up another film called Killsite that's coming out next year in South Africa. This trailer was from July 2020.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

(Shivers uncontrollably.) 
Well, that fight scene was just horrible.

Patrick Garcia has shot seven films that are still in post or waiting distribution. I talked to the stars of one of those films, a sci-fi thriller he did called "The Construct" and she told me they shot the film in 2018 and they might have finally found a distributor so it may be released this year. 

• Like 1