White Crane: The Legacy of Fang Chi (Book)

DragonClaws

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheFlyingPanda

Have This one in my collection, picked it up a while back and I really enjoyed it. When you read White Crane you feel like its a Kung Fu Movie on paper. There was a three year span or so I focused on reading Martial arts graphic novels or comic issues. While I still collected Movies, I felt reading was another world that enriched the genre  for me. I picked up back issues and finally got around reading the ones I've had on the shelves for years. I picked up new stories like Shaolin Burning, Swordsmith Assasin, Madam Samurai and Pang the Wondering Shaolin monk, but one of the best stories I read was Felix Ip's Blood and Steel , this was action packed wushu. 

blood and steel.JPG

It would be good to have a thread as a guide to some of the best of these graphic novels. 

WC.jpg

White Crane - the art looks good.  I'll probably order Vol.1 from Amazon along with my next order of Blu-rays.  Vol.2 may be a long time coming.  The Indiegogo campaign for funding for Vol.2 closed with only 2% raised of the requested £5,000 needed for publication.  The home page - http://www.thewhitecranecomic.com/ - has a link to redbubble for some nice t-shirts shirts and wall art from White Crane.  https://www.redbubble.com/people/kungfushop   Maybe they'll get enough funding for Vol.2 by selling the apparel and wall art.   

I like the idea of a martial arts graphic novel thread.  There are a few I'd highly recommend and a few to diss.  And other recommendations are always appreciated. 

DragonClaws
4 hours ago, whitesnake said:

I like the idea of a martial arts graphic novel thread.  There are a few I'd highly recommend and a few to diss.  And other recommendations are always appreciated. 

On 11/03/2018 at 4:47 PM, TheFlyingPanda said:

It would be good to have a thread as a guide to some of the best of these graphic novels. 

You guys sound like the right people to get such a thread going. While I'm no collector or expert on graphic novels, it would be interesting to learn more about the subject.

Archived