Live-Action Star Wars Series

DragonClaws

DragonClaws

According to the Forbes web-site, actor and director Jon Faveau is set to pen a live action Star Wars series. If this turns out to be a success, I'm there will be many, many more spin-offs and origin stories to come.

Link- https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2018/03/08/jon-favreaus-live-action-star-wars-series-is-a-big-win-for-disneys-streaming-service/#3a93483611fc

ea74_star_wars_galaxy_poster.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clone Wars was great. Rebels was awesome. I didn't care too much for Force Awakens when it came out, but it had more value after watching The Last Jedi. I enjoyed The Last Jedi as well.

I'm all for this as long as it don't suck, or if it doesnt have any real value within the universe.

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

I'm all for this as long as it don't suck, or have any real value within the universe.

With Disney announcing their own Online film service, guess it was just a matter of time before this was announced. If its succesful, then there will multiple shows I'm sure.

11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

With Disney announcing their own Online film service, guess it was just a matter of time before this was announced. If its succesful, then there will multiple shows I'm sure.

If its an service exclusive, then to hell with it. Its like Discovery. Nobodys gonna pay for that. Theyll either wait for the physical copies to come out or just watch the bootlegs

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

If its an service exclusive, then to hell with it.

I'm guessing this will be the case, as they have started to pull their own content from other official digital film services. The future for films fans?,paying multple subscriptions to multiple film services, just for the new content.

Remember when VHS tapes used to have the slogan "Own it forever on home-video". Well that should have said, own it multple times, on multiple formats, forever.

19 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

If its an service exclusive, then to hell with it. Its like Discovery. Nobodys gonna pay for that. Theyll either wait for the physical copies to come out or just watch the bootlegs

I’m sure enough people will subscribe though that it will be considered a success. Ratings for Star Trek Discovery were pretty good from what I’ve heard. Though if too many services come out at once that could change.  Personally, I just did the 7 day trial last week and binged DSC in 3 days.  

@massa_yoda I'm still yet to watch DSC. Just finished DS9 last week after binge-watching, and enjoyed tf out of it (its officially my fav). I just hope that this new SW show is good, and will not be filled with fluff.

Archived