Buffalo Boys (2018) – Sunny Pang

mpm74

Here's some artwork/posters from the upcoming BUFFALO BOYS, from first time director Mike Wiluan (producer of Macabre, Headshot and Beyond Skyline). 

Buffalo Boys will reunite Wiluan with Headshot cohorts Sunny Pang (The Night Comes for Us) and Zack Lee (The Raid 2). Also starring are Ario Bayu (Macabre), Tio Pakusadewo (The Raid 2), Pevita Eileen Pearce (Single), Happy Salma (Capres), Donny Damara (2014), Mikha Tambayong (Fallin’ in Love) and El Manik (Carok), with action choreography by Kazu Patrick Tang (Hard Target 2).

http://cityonfire.com/the-ruthless-baddies-from-headshot-are-now-buffalo-boys/

28951576_10155767427153780_6766649004081

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest news on Buffalo Boys.  It is an Indonesian western about "two brothers on a mission of vengeance for their father's death against corrupt Dutch colonialists in the 1800s."  The movie gets an Indonesian release in July 2018.  News at http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.com/2018/04/buffalo-boys-tale-of-vengeance-that.html   Buffalo Boys has its American premiere at the 17th annual New York Asian Film Festival in July 2018.  

Lots of action in the new official trailer - 

Drunken Monk

There seems to be more gun play than martial arts but it looks great! The footage is beautifully shot.

Buffalo Boys opens in Thai theaters on July 19, 2018.  Here is the 2nd trailer, courtesy of FilmCombatSyndicate - 

Buffalo Boys gets a movie review from someone who saw it at Fantasia 2018.  The review is at  - https://screenanarchy.com/2018/07/fantasia-2018-review-buffalo-boys-an-imbalanced-period-action-film-that-largely-disappoints.html  

Review highlights - "To be fair Buffalo Boys should be sold as a period dramatic piece [with] a little bit of action thrown in for good measure.  Wiluan follows the Western structure for the most part, the exiles returning home to exact revenge upon the bad guy who killed their pa, and teases the audience with small and sparse altercations throughout the bulk of the film.  Tragically the first real taste of big action does not come until an hour into the story.  It boils down to the balance between action and drama and there's simply not enough action to warrant Buffalo Boys being sold as an action film... The climax is not as rewarding as all the flimsy buildup promises and is over before the audience really has the chance to get invested in it... The overall failure in Buffalo Boys is giving the audience a proper balance of action and drama... The rules are clearly set up for everyone to follow.  Stray from the path and you end up like Buffalo Boys has, lost in the dramatic desert depriving the audience of nourishing and life giving action."  It's a good review. 

OpiumKungFuCracker

A western? Gonna be hard doing Pencak Silat in them tight cowboy jeans. And the hat? I swear if I come across a person wearing a cowboy hat in 2018, I'm giving them the Alex Jones treatment.  

4 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

And the hat? I swear if I come across a person wearing a cowboy hat in 2018, I'm giving them the Alex Jones treatment.  

LOL what have you got against cowboy hats?.

4 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

A western? Gonna be hard doing Pencak Silat in them tight cowboy jeans.

They'll need a pair of these maybe?.

I'm not sure if these are Chuck Norris approved though?

4768948212_58943f3516_o.jpg

New trailer from Samuel Goldwyn Films for Buffalo Boys' North American premiere on January 11, 2019 -

Nobody else watch this :wondering It's actually pretty entertaining. Especially the ending which offers a nice mix of gunplay and martial arts. Certainly the story had some pacing issues and plot holes but besides that... Recommended!

Archived