Sounds Of Kung Fu: Old School Movie Scores

sifu iron perm

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Tried to find Chen Lee & The General, from the 1969 True Grit soundtrack. That features on the soundtrack to Ways Of Kung Fu, and multiple other Kung Fu flicks scores. It's been removed from YouTube since the original thread was started back in 2015.

This version?

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

How come the old thread that was lost during the forum blackout, didnt get merged with these even older threads?.

I'f I'd known, I wouldnt have tried to start another thread.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you on that one dude, although the most likely explanation is that it was either (a) before the KFC to SC36 migration, or (b) before my time as a moderator.:tongueout

• Like 2

DragonClaws
22 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

This version?

The video wont play due to uploader not making it availbale for people in Europe.

21 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

the most likely explanation is that it was either (a) before the KFC to SC36 migration, or (b) before my time as a moderator.:tongueout

The thread was started when the forums had merged, it was lost during the late 2016 blackout. It was a good three or four pages long and @ThunderScore, had sarted it. If I'd known about these older threads, I would have just bumped those instead.

• Like 2

This past weekend, I saw Logan's Run for the first time. There's a riff that plays during the opening crawl that shows up in Invincible Iron Armour whenever Hwang Jang Lee is onscreen. It also shows up in other films.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
18 hours ago, DrNgor said:

This past weekend, I saw Logan's Run for the first time. There's a riff that plays during the opening crawl that shows up in Invincible Iron Armour whenever Hwang Jang Lee is onscreen. It also shows up in other films.

It always takes me out of a film, when I hear a track from a Kung Fu movie, in a mainstream 70's/80's film.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

It always takes me out of a film, when I hear a track from a Kung Fu movie, in a mainstream 70's/80's film.

I was just glad to be able to identify the source of the riff.

Also, the riff that plays whenever Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee goes into drunken mantis mode in Dance of the Drunk Mantis (1979) is taken from the main theme to Dario Argento's Suspiria, composed by Goblin.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
On 5/2/2018 at 5:25 PM, Killer Meteor said:

Some of that music is in Spiritual Kung Fu.

hahaha!! 

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The rousing start to many a kung fu movie will be recognized by all!

KING KONG 1933

Image result for KING KONG POSTER 1933

26 seconds in. 

I love this!  

GD Y-Y

Edited by GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
  • Like 3

Been a long time since I've been on this forum, so glad to be back.  I was looking for the opening theme for the 5 Shaolin Masters, I had it on my old computer and on the old forums, but can't seem to find it nowadays.  thanks in advance.

• Like 2

Music from the album Pop Arp by Mister K that was used in Enter the Fat Dragon:

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon
  • Like 1

Here's the main theme from the Chan Sing/Yasuaki Kurata classic Black Panther(1973), lifted from a U.S Quincy Jones movie soundtrack, and featured in countless Old-School Fu films from the 1970's.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Skip to the 3-minute Mark, and you can see where the inspiration for the A Girl Called Tigress opening score came from.

• Like 1

Omni Dragon
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:02 PM, DragonClaws said:

Donnie Yen performs his human puppet, break dancing act in Drunken Tai Chi(1984), to this tune.

It's specifically the Bo Boss version:

• Like 3

Recently, I've been looking for the theme song from Hand of Death (1976). So catchy and it's been stuck in my head this whole month.

• Like 1

Not sure if this fits here, but I remember watching The Shadow Whip and most of that movie uses music from the James Bond film You Only Live Twice.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
13 hours ago, lilmanjs said:

Not sure if this fits here, but I remember watching The Shadow Whip and most of that movie uses music from the James Bond film You Only Live Twice.

Perfect place to post this @lilmanjs.

• Like 1