Sounds Of Kung Fu: Old School Movie Scores

sifu iron perm

Secret Executioner

Also: the Filmark production The Thundering Ninja has bits from Joy Division's Twenty-Four Hours and Genesis' Domino. :tongue:

IFD Ninja masterpiece Rage Of A Ninja has A Day by Clan Of Xymox as its soundtrack.

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

My favorite kung fu soundtrack is Death Duel of Kung Fu. I think it fits the movie better than the movie it was taken from, Hang Em High.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
I remember seeing "The Chinese Boxer" on yt , it had a new soundtrack & I prefer it over the original soundtrack......

You're crazy!

• Like 1

TheKungFuRobber

Incredible Kung Fu Mission uses an awesome altered version of Quincy Jones's theme to MacKenna's Gold. I also like the music in Flying Guillotine (shaws), MAster of the Flying Guillotine and Tower of Death. There are many more I like though.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the Snake In The Eagles Shadow soundtrack, the main theme sticks in your head for weeks.

Loved The Hang Em High soundtrack when it appeared on the John Liu film Mars Villa a.k.a Wu Tang Magic Kick. I'm not sure if all the music in Mars Villa was taken from Hang Em High?. The music that plays whilst Liu is practicing kicks near the waterfall does not appear on Hang Em High if i recall the film rightly?.

Killer Meteor
I enjoyed the Snake In The Eagles Shadow soundtrack, the main theme sticks in your head for weeks.

Loved The Hang Em High soundtrack when it appeared on the John Liu film Mars Villa a.k.a Wu Tang Magic Kick. I'm not sure if all the music in Mars Villa was taken from Hang Em High?. The music that plays whilst Liu is practicing kicks near the waterfall does not appear on Hang Em High if i recall the film rightly?.

Some of the music in Mars Villa is from Exorcist II - by Ennio Morricone.

• Like 1

Thanks KillerMeteor:smile:, I have never watched any of The Exorcist sequels. The source of the music has baffled me for years. First got the film on the Eastern Heroes label back in 2003.

Secret Executioner

Thank you so much, man. I've been wondering where that western-like music came from for months - ever since I got the Flying Fists Of Kung Fu 3-DVD set actually, as it's the soundtrack in the menu. :bigsmile:

• Like 1

hands of death (roc tien) : papa was a rolling stone

Lol. Love that!

Also:

Queen Boxer

Along Came A Tiger

King Boxer

Goodbye Bruce Lee: His Last Game of Death

Last Hurrah For Chivalry

Duel To The Death

Tower of Death

Game of Death

Exit The Dragon, Enter The Tiger

Enter The Dragon

Black Belt Jones

• Like 1

Thank you so much, man. I've been wondering where that western-like music came from for months - ever since I got the Flying Fists Of Kung Fu 3-DVD set actually, as it's the soundtrack in the menu. 

No problem:xd:

Thank you so much, man. I've been wondering where that western-like music came from for months - ever since I got the Flying Fists Of Kung Fu 3-DVD set actually, as it's the soundtrack in the menu. 

No problem:xd:

Secret Executioner
I tried to quote GodfreyHoWorshipper but its kinda gone wrong. Still learning how to use a lot of the features.

You got a quote button at the bottom of each message. Or you can use the quote feature in the "post reply" menu (it's the button that looks like a bubble with lines and dots in it).

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Thanks GodfreyHoWorshipper:smile:

Duel To Death has a good soundtrack which I think is entirely original?. Id forgotten about this until someone mentioned the film in another thread

Morgoth Bauglir

I don't know about you but I wonder every day "where does that music come from". Please list everything you can think of. Even if it's just a one second snippet of music list it here. This thread is intended for kung fu movies but list anything you want. I don't want to exclude anything. Post as many times as you want. Any time you think of something, post it. I'll gradually edit everybody's information into this post so there's one long list. Feel free to ask any questions, and correct me if I make any mistakes.

Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu- ?

The Chinese Stuntman- Hotel California song, not the Eagles version but similar

Crystal Fist- Mandingo III War Dance (Thanks, laagi), Mandingo III-Drums in the Night, Mandingo III-Triumphal March, Mandingo III-A) Watching and Waiting, B) Battle

The Damned aka Battle of Shaolin- The Big Gundown

Death Duel of Kung Fu- Hang Em High

Dirty Ho- Reg Tilsley-Counterspy

Disciples of Shaolin- Cugini Carnali

Fighting Ace- The Big Gundown

Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe- Have a Good Funeral, My Friend... Sartana Will Pay

Fistful of Talons- ? music in the training scene at 56:11? video below in post #6

The Hot, the Cool, and the Vicious- Berto Pisano and Jacques Chaumont-Kill Them All

The Invincible Armor- Day of Anger

The Killer jazz theme- ?

The Longest Nite- Midnight Express

Man of Iron - C.S.S. - "Chaos"

Mar's Villa- Hang Em High

Master and the Kid- Days of our Lives, ------I'd like to know the song/movie at 18:14 (Videoasia DVD) where Yueh Hua and the kid start their journey, the trippy song at 37:13 where Phillip Ko is walking in slow mo, and the song at 72:25 right before Hua fights the bird.

Ninjas and Dragons opening theme- ? (also featured in Disciples of Shaolin Temple 1985)

Ninja in the Dragon's Den- song was made for this movie, called Legend of the Ninja by Alfredo Chen Singers.

Secret Rivals- The Big Gundown

Secret Message- The Big Gundown

Secret Rivals 3- someone told me this is a crazy variation of the Yojimbo? theme

Seven Grandmasters- Roots TV series

Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin- Roots TV series, opening credits is "Ice Floe" by Pierre Arvay

Swordsman and Enchantress - Simon Park Orchestra - "Distant Hills" (from the Granada TV series of the '70s, Crown Court)

Thundering Mantis- Riz Ortolani-Brutes and Savages

Tough Guy- Shaft, Once Upon a Time in the West

Two Toothless Tigers opening song- ? (Also in The Fighting Fool)

Writing Kung Fu main theme- ?

• Like 3

Shazaam (Iphone, available built-in on the last release) will work on some things, but not always (I'm still trying to figure out the jazz theme to The Killer).

Two I recall from recently.

Man of Iron - C.S.S. - "Chaos"

uA-PUS0u1Sg

Swordsman and Enchantress - Simon Park Orchestra - "Distant Hills" (from the Granada TV series of the '70s, Crown Court)

1l44jmMhQhE

• Like 1

Crystal Fist:

Opening Credits-Mandingo III War Dance (Thanks, laagi)

Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin:

Opening Credits-Theme song from Holy Grail, don't know the actual song name

nK6Nbyz02oA

Dirty Ho:

Reg Tilsley-Counterspy

The Hot, the Cool, and the Vicious:

Berto Pisano and Jacques Chaumont-Kill Them All

Thundering Mantis:

Riz Ortolani-Brutes and Savages

Songs I'm Looking For:

Crystal Fist:

Training Scene at 55:45

Training Scene at 1:06:43, Sounds like it's from the Mandingo III Album

JMOy6I-RrC4

A Fist Full of Talons:

Training Scene at 56:11

CZcZY3mP0mc

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

Ken did you find the Ninjas and Dragons song? The opening credits right? I know I've heard that song before. I think it was a kung fu movie made before Ninjas and Dragons. I wish I could remember. Its a great tune.

BTW I'll edit in some more entries later. Don't worry about overloading me. That's actually what I'm hoping for.

• Like 1

Ken did you find the Ninjas and Dragons song? The opening credits right? I know I've heard that song before. I think it was a kung fu movie made before Ninjas and Dragons. I wish I could remember. Its a great tune.

Not yet. I've also heard it in the Mandarin version and the HK trailer of Disciples of Shaolin Temple (1985). Not sure where to find it.

I also love the funky soundtracks from those Billy Chong movies. Wish I could find these soundtracks.

• Like 1

Morgoth Bauglir

You got it. I think Disciples of Shaolin Temple is the only other time i've heard it. I'll look over the training scenes questions and see if I can find out anything.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor

Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin:

Opening Credits-Theme song from Holy Grail, don't know the actual song name

nK6Nbyz02oA

That tune is "Ice Floe" by Pierre Arvay.

The Snake & Crane/7 Grandmasters tune I mentioned earlier is this one -

• Like 1

Just found out that the first training scene music from Crystal Fist is called Mandingo III-Drums in the Night. The second training scene music is also from Mandingo III called Triumphal March. I wasn't actually looking for this song, but the song that plays right after the opening credits of Crystal Fist is called Mandingo III-A) Watching and Waiting, B) Battle if anyone's interested.

Now we still need to find the music from "A Fist Full" and "Ninjas and Dragons." All help is appreciated.

That tune is "Ice Floe" by Pierre Arvay. The Snake & Crane/7 Grandmasters tune I mentioned earlier is this one -

Both are great tunes!

• Like 1