Hall of the Unknown - The Game Of Death Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

Josh Baker

I've surmised that the locksmith is supposed to be a drunk. I have no idea where the crime boss is supposed to be in all this and Bruce probably never wrote down what it was. 

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
3 hours ago, sym8 said:

That's both pretty cool but also pretty freaky! This scene in particular looked not bad and almost realish.

snapshot.jpg.84f0c0bfe058db786e341cb7e6fc4b11.jpg

• Like 1

DragonClaws

The shots of Bruce Lee in the suit fighting the Karate guys in the New Territories. Is Bruce Lee standing in for another character/cast member in the film, while he choreographs the fight?. Was Kareem’s character going to face them?, or maybe Dan Inosanto or Whang in Sik?.

@Josh Baker -

That video give a good impression of how they could have made it work. They would have needed to match up the colour of the bodysuits. If you turned the footage black and white it might synce up more?.

Has anyone ever slowed down the slow-motion sequence from ETD's cavern fight?. Scott Adkins said in The Art of Action, that  Bruce Lee would not slow this scene down, was there any other reason for this?, did the MPAA put pressure on them to tone down the violence?. Or maybe Bruce Lee just wanted to make of point of highlighting himself on screen in striking chiselled shape?.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

After the success of ETD and people having heard BL's real voice, I'm guessing he and all the other actors would of dubbed their own voices for GOD? Or would guys like Kareem or Ji-Han Jae who I guess would of flown back to the US/Korea before the dubbing would have been started, had their voices dubbed by Bruce perhaps?

• Like 1

DragonClaws
On 8/16/2024 at 4:05 PM, PandaPawPaw said:

After the success of ETD and people having heard BL's real voice, I'm guessing he and all the other actors would of dubbed their own voices for GOD? Or would guys like Kareem or Ji-Han Jae who I guess would of flown back to the US/Korea before the dubbing would have been started, had their voices dubbed by Bruce perhaps?

If they used dialogue scenes/footage for the 1972 promotional film?, then they must have dubbed some of it?. Did they dub the film as it was being shot, or did they plan to dub the dialogue after the filming was completed?.

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Interesting that Golden Harvest used Bolo Yeung’s sometime stunt double & training partner Lee Chun-Wa, was cast as the guardian of the coffin in Game of Death 2 (1980). Similar to how Bolo was rumoured to be the guardian of the pogoda with the Karate men in the original (19720 movie. Both the (1978) and (1980) Game of Death movies also have a staged/fake funeral.

• Like 1