Hall of the Unknown - The Game Of Death Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

33 minutes ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

When ARE we going to see Redux 2.0? November (to tie in with Lee's birthday)?

i still think it will be an extra on the rumoured Arrow 4k set.

• Like 5

tomgray2404

Arrow do UHD and that's what our obsessed asses should be praying for! lol

The Japanese one I bought was fake. This would be authentic.

Decent extras and this could be the BOMB!!!

• Like 4

shukocarl1441996347

I'm not a fan of Bruce Le EXCEPT for one film (and not for his acting ability) BUT he is extremely  good at channelling Bruce Lee's spirit and style in ENTER THE GAME OF DEATH. What a fight it would have been between both of them at the height of their powers in some future project? 

• Like 3

DragonClaws
On 7/21/2022 at 9:33 AM, shukocarl1441996347 said:

I'm not a fan of Bruce Le EXCEPT for one film (and not for his acting ability) BUT he is extremely  good at channelling Bruce Lee's spirit and style in ENTER THE GAME OF DEATH. What a fight it would have been between both of them at the height of their powers in some future project? 

Agreed, it wasnt bad for a movie that was put together very quckly. Unlike the time Golden Harvest had spent on their interpretation.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 10:26 PM, Coliseum1972 said:

Some people werent too thrilled with Laz' language at a 007 event in Perth recently :P 

What happened there?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 9:33 AM, sifu iron perm said:

i wonder if that Tiger skin/costume was resurrected in Tower of Death with the cowardly Lion appearance?

😁

Like Bruce in real life, Lewis drinks beef blood, and is even wearing a gold pendant like Kareem's character in the original film. When Lewis is killed by his servant, that could have been Golden Harvest's way of playing up to the rumours surrounding Wu Ngan - Bruce's butler.

Screen-Shot-2021-10-20-at-8.19.51-AM.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/19/2022 at 1:20 PM, saltysam said:

Roy Horan, what a legend.

Roy Horans character should have lived, and teamed up with Bobby Lo for the finale. Hwang Jang-Lee & To Wai-Wo VS Kim Tai-Chung & Roy Horan in the last fight.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Just posted my very positive review for it at the site: https://abeautifulfilm.blogspot.com/2022/10/game-of-death-1978.html

Your opinion on the film is understandable- the Kim Tai Chung/Yuen Biao vs Robert Wall fight is epic and I just re-watched it a few hours ago, and I got a lot of fun out of the Sammo Hung fights when I was younger- I sometimes thought they were more fluidly choreographed sometimes than some of the real Bruce Lee fights they were emulating (with the exception of ETD) 

• Like 4

The film will always fascinate me over the circumstances of how it was made and fantastically they bungled its completion (in my opinion)

• Like 4

Killer Meteor

The locker fight is indeed excellent. Ditto the Greenhouse fight in the HK version. No wonder I was a kung fu cinema fan before I even got to see a bona fide Lee fight!

• Like 7