Hall of the Unknown - The Game Of Death Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

17 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

That looks pretty cool. I would like to acquire a copy and get it framed.

I liked it too, it stands out among the many Bruce Lee inspired posters. I think the link I posted, will give you detials of where you can purchase a copy.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I liked it too, it stands out among the many Bruce Lee inspired posters. I think the link I posted, will give you detials of where you can purchase a copy.

I went to the link but I don't see the Bruce Lee one listed in the online shop (I see a few Kurosawa ones though). I might need to contact the artist directly and inquire about it.

• Like 2

Is this the first colour version of the Dan Inosanto/Wu Gnan Game of Death (1972) fight Choreography?. That was originally filmed by Robert Lee at Bruce Lees Cumberland Road house. Was this footage even shot in colour?.

Link- https://youtu.be/daxk3KshkyE

• Like 4

shukocarl1441996347
On 10/12/2021 at 7:51 PM, DragonClaws said:

Is this the first colour version of the Dan Inosanto/Wu Gnan Game of Death (1972) fight Choreography?. That was originally filmed by Robert Lee at Bruce Lees Cumberland Road house. Was this footage even shot in colour?.

Link- https://youtu.be/daxk3KshkyE

Looks colourised to me?

• Like 4

On 6/15/2018 at 8:45 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Game of Death uncut

Wow, that video is amazing. Am I right in thinking that it has everything that is known to have survived from the filming in 1972, apart from the stuff shot outside and the 'dance of death' moment?

• Like 6

On 10/28/2021 at 5:17 PM, Omni Dragon said:

Am I right in thinking that it has everything that is known to have survived from the filming in 1972, apart from the stuff shot outside and the 'dance of death' moment?

Its funny how we dont even see any outtakes from the dance of death/log sequence.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Its funny how we dont even see any outtakes from the dance of death/log sequence.

I'm pretty sure the story with that is that Raymond Chow set the footage aside for inclusion in 1973's The Man and the Legend but it never got included for some reason and the footage got misplaced and lost, separate to the rest of the existing footage, or at least that's the story I heard. 

• Like 3

On 11/5/2021 at 3:02 PM, Josh Baker said:

I'm pretty sure the story with that is that Raymond Chow set the footage aside for inclusion in 1973's The Man and the Legend but it never got included for some reason and the footage got misplaced and lost, separate to the rest of the existing footage, or at least that's the story I heard. 

Either Will Johnston or Andrew Stanton?, two British Bruce Lee experts who run clubs and events in the U.K. Claimed they have seen that docuemtnary, with the log sequence in their.

• Like 2

A new version of John Barry's main theme from the 1978 screen version. Accompanied with a newly edited video montage feautring Bruce Lee. The new music sticks with the James Bond style score.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

shukocarl1441996347
12 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Either Will Johnston or Andrew Stanton?, two British Bruce Lee experts who run clubs and events in the U.K. Claimed they have seen that docuemtnary, with the log sequence in their.

"Prof" (ha!) Will Johnston also claimed the log scene was in the print of Big Boss in London 1979. It wasn't - I was there. The pair of them were  brown nosing smug gits who thought they knew it all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

"Prof" (ha!) Will Johnston also claimed the log scene was in the print of Big Boss in London 1979. It wasn't - I was there. The pair of them were  brown nosing smug gits who thought they knew it all.

What do they have to gain through lying about that?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

"Prof" (ha!) Will Johnston also claimed the log scene was in the print of Big Boss in London 1979.

Are you refering to the saw in the head scene?. There's no way I can prove one of them has viewed a longer version of Bruce Lee The Man & The Legend. There's still a possibilty that a longer print of this film existed at some point.

• Like 1

shukocarl1441996347
21 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Are you refering to the saw in the head scene?. There's no way I can prove one of them has viewed a longer version of Bruce Lee The Man & The Legend. There's still a possibilty that a longer print of this film existed at some point.

Sorry yes I meant the saw scene. I can't prove it either but I'd take their views with a pinch of salt.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

I remember the days when the saw-in-the-head scene was one of my cinematic Holy Grails. Now, I'm not convinced it ever saw a projector.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I remember the days when the saw-in-the-head scene was one of my cinematic Holy Grails. Now, I'm not convinced it ever saw a projector.

So its showing at that '79 Kung Fu Festival has been debunked then?

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
13 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

So its showing at that '79 Kung Fu Festival has been debunked then?

It WAS NOT in that print BUT...the cart scene and the brothel scene WAS. I was there (yes I'm an old git). The print was original mandarin and obviously the full version after the saw clip had been edited out...due to HK censors?

• Like 4

On the German Blu ray I recently watched, the saw on the head isn't seen, of course, but there is a big blood splash on the screen, and I don' t remember to have seen this in any of the other releases I watched...or my memory is getting bad !

• Like 1