Hall of the Unknown - The Game Of Death Appreciation Thread

DragonClaws

Is this still taken from the 1972 G.O.D promotional film?. Or are James Tien & Bruce Lee going through choreography for one of the pogoda fights?.

mark-ashys-bruce-lee-game-of-death.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Is this still taken from the 1972 G.O.D promotional film?. Or are James Tien & Bruce Lee going through choreography for one of the pogoda fights?.

mark-ashys-bruce-lee-game-of-death.jpg

Maybe a bit of both?

• Like 4

On 11/1/2020 at 4:14 AM, sym8 said:

Maybe a bit of both?

These James Tien/Bruce Lee images from G.O.D(1972), dont appear to cover choreography from any of the existing footage?.

232bc8cc941079cf0d78d1600506602b.jpg

136a412b738fa864b6cc79ecf7c4c130.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

None of the James Tien/Bruce Lee images from G.O.D(1972), appear to cover choreography from any of the existing footage?.

232bc8cc941079cf0d78d1600506602b.jpg

136a412b738fa864b6cc79ecf7c4c130.jpg

Yeah,you maybe right,probably just promotional photos.Never been a fan of James Tien,always thought a lot of his fight scenes through out his career looked very wavey and loose(I know he wasn’t a trained martial artist)but when you see this photo of this kick I think he looks great.A pity he couldn’t put it on film all the time.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, sym8 said:

Never been a fan of James Tien,always thought a lot of his fight scenes through out his career looked very wavey and loose(I know he wasn’t a trained martial artist)but when you see this photo of this kick I think he looks great.

Bruce Lee choose him for the part for a reason, so he must have rated him at least as a screen fighter?.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Bruce Lee choose him for the part for a reason, so he must have rated him at least as a screen fighter?.

Can’t remember where but I think I read James Tien wasn’t a fan of Bruce and they didn’t get on,don’t know how true that is though.

• Like 4

On 11/1/2020 at 9:36 AM, sym8 said:

Can’t remember where but I think I read James Tien wasn’t a fan of Bruce and they didn’t get on,don’t know how true that is though.

They must have got along well enough to make the movie, and if the rift was that bad how did he land the role?.

• Like 4

Most biographies of O’Brian usually start here: Born Hugh Charles Krampe in 1925, O’Brian was raised in a marine family and became the youngest drill instructor in marine history, in 1943, at 17.

He likes to tell the story of how he got into the ring, on base, with a huge fighter, and how he barely managed to win the fight, which just happened to have been refereed by the visiting actor John Wayne.

The Life and Legend of Hugh O’Brian

Link- https://truewestmagazine.com/the-life-and-legend-of-hugh-obrian/

Fans can spot some of Hugh O'Brian's boxing moves in his screen fight with Kim Tai-Chung, from the 1978 Game of Death film. He was fifty one when he staged that fight, under Sammo Hung's direction.

With Game of Death co-star Gig Young, in a scene from the Robert Clouse directed movie.

MV5BM2U0Zjc0NGQtM2U4Yy00NDlkLWIwZTktYTNlZjcyOTNlN2VlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUwMDUwNA@@._V1_.jpg

• Like 4

alexandergrady
On 11/9/2018 at 3:24 PM, DragonClaws said:

Starring:

Billy Lo = Bruce Lee

Dean Jagger = Raymond Chow?

Collen Camp = Betty Ting Pei ('...belongs to the mob')

Billy Lo's assasination attempt during Fists of Fury = Bruce Lee's assasination attempt (by poisoning) during EtD (May 10)

Rare variation on the original U.S trialer for G.O.D 1978.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, alexandergrady said:

Starring:

Billy Lo = Bruce Lee

Dean Jagger = Raymond Chow?

Collen Camp = Betty Ting Pei ('...belongs to the mob')

Billy Lo's assasination attempt during Fists of Fury = Bruce Lee's assasination attempt (by poisoning) during EtD (May 10)

I don't think Collen Camp was supposed to be Betty Ting-Pei, I think she was more inspired by Linda Lee minus the singing career.

• Like 3

alexandergrady
6 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I don't think Collen Camp was supposed to be Betty Ting-Pei, I think she was more inspired by Linda Lee minus the singing career.

It seems as though its Linda because Collen is a westerner, but thats just meant to mislead I think, even as bald-Dean Jagger though occidental might be bald-Chow, an oriental. 

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
On 11/1/2020 at 12:38 PM, sym8 said:

Yeah,you maybe right,probably just promotional photos.Never been a fan of James Tien,always thought a lot of his fight scenes through out his career looked very wavey and loose(I know he wasn’t a trained martial artist)but when you see this photo of this kick I think he looks great.A pity he couldn’t put it on film all the time.

Wrong. James Tien did have some martial arts training in Korea - "Old School" Tae Kwon Do.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Wrong. James Tien did have some martial arts training in Korea - "Old School" Tae Kwon Do.

Thanks for sharing that information here @shukocarl1441996347, we now know where James Tien's kicking skills came from.

He was also a student of Fu Sheng Opera school in Taiwan. Studying alongside alongside Phillip Kwok & Angela Mao. According to Wikipedia, so I'm not sure how much truth there is to this?.

• Like 4

shukocarl1441996347
4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Thanks for sharing that information here @shukocarl1441996347, we now know where James Tien's kicking skills came from.

He was also a student of Fu Sheng Opera school in Taiwan. Studying alongside alongside Phillip Kwok & Angela Mao. According to Wikipedia, so I'm not sure how much truth there is to this?.

Yes, I think that's correct. I think he was "spotted" by Huang Feng around the same time as Mao Ying.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Yes, I think that's correct. I think he was "spotted" by Huang Feng around the same time as Mao Ying.

Can someone tell me where Jimmy Wang Yu got his kicking skills from, or lack there of?😂

• Like 4

9 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

I had no idea,how long did he train in Tae Kwon Do for?because he’s no Hwang Jang Lee😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

shukocarl1441996347
On 11/6/2020 at 9:24 PM, sym8 said:

I had no idea,how long did he train in Tae Kwon Do for?because he’s no Hwang Jang Lee😀

I don't know how long he trained - probably not Black Belt level but he picked up more when he shot The Dragon Tamers.

• Like 5

On 11/1/2020 at 4:38 AM, sym8 said:

but when you see this photo of this kick I think he looks great.

8 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

I don't know how long he trained - probably not Black Belt level but he picked up more when he shot The Dragon Tamers.

GameofDeath152.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 5

shukocarl1441996347
On 11/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, alexandergrady said:

It seems as though its Linda because Collen is a westerner, but thats just meant to mislead I think, even as bald-Dean Jagger though occidental might be bald-Chow, an oriental. 

Colleen Camp pictured in 2018. Still acting...big list of credits on IMDB.

200px-Colleen_Camp_(crop,_2018).jpg

• Like 3

Bruce Lee vs Dan Inosanto Nunchaku Fight- Game of Death the Definitive Edit

To commemorate the 80th birthday of the legendary Bruce Lee, I am showing to you a segment of a project of mine that has been over 5 years in the making, my own edit of Lee's Game of Death footage. Previous edits have been lacking in tight editing, sound design, and footage quality, so the aim of this edit is to correct these mistakes. The clip here is not perfect, there are still color timing issues I want to correct later on, but this clip is pretty much how the Bruce Lee vs Dan Inosanto fight will be represented in the edit. It's a work in progress, like pretty much everything else I do😂 

Thank you for all your support, and I hope newcomers like like and share this content, and subscribe for future segments in this edit.

Thank you Bruce for inspiring me to be the best version of myself. Rest In Peace Mr. Lee.

• Like 5